PDA

View Full Version : A themed lawn care business?

Steve
10-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Check this out. An example of a themed lawn care business. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Quite interesting!

"Prom Queen Lawn Care Services, Inc. (http://www.501blog.com/?p=801) co-owners Janna Huhtala and Natasha Franz"

Steve
Do you think they would grab a lot of attention?

Steve
Can you come up with unique ways you could stand out?

Steve
10-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Would it be as wild as this?

pmblair
10-25-2007, 12:35 PM
I can see them getting the attention of neighbors, but honestly, would you want your lawn being mowed by prom queens? *lol

I actually had a thought about this over the weekend and ALMOST posted about it. *My family was watching "Pirates of the Caribbean 2", and I thought 'Wouldn't it be funny to see a bunch of pirates doing lawn maintenance?' *I mean, it's an attention getter, and a wonderful gimmick, but then you have to think about a few things: *

- How professional would you actually look?
- How much would you have to spend on costuming?
- How comfortable are the costumes to work in?
- Would this be a passing fad? *If so, what would you do next?

I guess I'm just a little old fashioned when it comes down to the actual work. *I'm all for new and creative marketing ideas, but this is a little much. *lol

Now Tiger Time has a GOOD gimmick that people seem to LOVE. *But I don't look that good in a bikini! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
10-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Well, here is my view. Is it crazy? Yes. But crazy can gain a lot of attention.

I actually love your idea of the pirate themed lawn care! Why not?

I bet that if you or someone did that, they would most certainly get a lot of attention.

Maybe you could call yourself Lawn Pirates!

When you think about how much of a rebel you have to be to be crazy enough to start your own business, why is it that so many business owners immediately fall into a new set of laws that dictate to them, they must act in a certain way?

Why must a lawn care uniform wear green pants and a white shirt? Why must there be this urge to conform to what we think a lawn care business looks like?

When you look at what Lee did with Tiger Time Lawn Care and how he got international media attention, you can start seeing how it pays to be different.

So when you sit there and think about it, how much of not doing something like a Pirate Lawn Care is more because you feel others in the lawn care industry will make fun of it? What if it really set you apart? What if that was all you needed to break through?

When you are crazy and wild enough to start your own business, why stop the craziness there? Why not just go full throttle?

Why not make your truck look like a ship? Your trailer? Your mowers! Can you imagine the amazing wraps that could be made by Tony from AMW-Graphics?

Can you imagine how all the kids would beg their parents to get the Pirates to mow their lawn?

It does make you wonder, what stops of from being more creative and expanding our mind and doing what we at first think is crazy!

Here's to the crazy ones.

The misfits.

The rebels.

The troublemakers.

The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently.

They're not fond of rules.

And they have no respect for the status quo.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them,

disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.

Because they change things.

They invent. They imagine. They heal.

They explore. They create. They inspire.

They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

We make tools for these kinds of people.

While some see them as the crazy ones,
we see genius.

Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dvn_Ied9t4M&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dvn_Ied9t4M&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Steve
10-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Here is a concept for Pirate Lawn Care.

All Aspects Landscaping
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I think they lost a bet!

Steve
11-01-2007, 08:51 PM
What's your take though on themed lawn care businesses?

Good or bad idea and why?

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 10:22 PM
If you could find a good theme, like tiger time, it would work, but I dunno about those girls in prom dresses.

I kinda feel bad for the girls in bikinis though, I wore shorts one day, hopeing to even out the awesome tan I'm getting...and when I used the trimmer...ouch!! Plus instead of the grass being stuck to my jeans, it was all stuck to my legs, blah!!!

I bring a towel to wipe it off, it's not so bad when the humidity is down and I'm not sweating...

I'd love to be able to wear shorts and have some tight fitting tank tops with my logo...whenever I get one, lol!! But I think I need a new trimmer. My dad took the guard off....so I think that's why so much dirt/grass/rocks hit me.

Anyone got a trimmer?? Working or not?? hahaha!!!!

Steve
11-01-2007, 10:27 PM
What themes do you think would be good?

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 11:09 PM
That's a tough one, lol!!
I could see color themes though...like military..tiger stripes, maybe even someone that could pull it off with a hippie type style, and I mean on everything...truck, trailor, clothing, possibly even the equpitment in a color theme. I think that would get attention if everything sort of matched.

Or even a help the community kind of theme or organization your company supports/donates to could help grab some attention.

Steve
11-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Have you ever seen any themed lawn care businesses?

Isn't it interesting? I mean we see themed restaurants all the time!

pmblair
11-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Never saw one, but I like Sarah's idea... it's kind of like Teresa with her pink stuff... the color idea would be great... in fact, the wilder the color, the better your chance to be noticed. I think that's a better idea than the themes.

Steve
11-03-2007, 02:11 AM
What if you combined something like a cartoon character and a lawn mowing company?

Like say for instance a purple hippo? And then call your business Purple Hippo Lawn Care?

Could you then get creative with fiberglass and do something with a truck to make it look like a hippo?

You know something like how Oscar Meyer has the Hot Dog vehicle?

Would something like that help in making a business stand out?

pmblair
11-03-2007, 02:14 AM
You know Steve, you may have something there... get your truck and/or trailer done in the shape of an animal... or have one made for the top of your vehicle... and if not wear the costume, at least wear purple shirts and hats... maybe purple equipment!

Steve
11-03-2007, 02:15 AM
I know this would take a little work, but what if say you had something like this for say like a dog cleanup service?

Something that was themed with a pet.

Then something you could then take and brand and sell even say toys of it?

pmblair
11-03-2007, 02:18 AM
LOL!! I actually love that montser truck! Saw it at the Georgia Dome last year! lol

Would be a GREAT idea for Doody Calls, eh?

Steve
11-03-2007, 02:35 AM
That's awesome!

If something like this could be created can you imagine how many marketing doors it could open!?

I mean you could have coloring books that are themed with your business character as handouts.

You could do some kind of free seminar at the schools to promote some kind of mower safety program and then hand out flyers to have your business perform the service instead.

You could have cartoon videos on your site to promote some positive cause.

Then who knows, kids could be telling their parents they want the purple hippo or the brown dog mower service to service their lawn.

Steve
11-03-2007, 02:38 AM
You could even tie it in with a monster truck! The character could be shown driving a monster truck! Why not !

Then later on you could actually build one as a promotion tool.

Maybe add seats in it to give fans a ride on it like this.

http://www.monsterridetruck.com/images/langley07/3.JPG

Steve
11-03-2007, 02:39 AM
LOL see this is what we should be doing, creating, developing and selling franchises!