PDA

View Full Version : customers confused

landonkade
10-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I service about 50 yards and alot of customers i just do verbal with no contracts. I have noticed since winter is setting in, that the grass isnt growing as much. So i do alot of lawns every 2 weeks,so i have about 18 for this week and i have received alot of calls from customers telling me ( i dont think its been 2 weeks, can u wait) like they are confused or something, we tell them yes it has been 2 weeks and your lawn in due for the cut.

What i am thinking is that i might have to start doing contracts to prevent this problem from happening again. Cause that puts me behind and no income for those pushed days

so what do i need to do

Steve
10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
One idea you could do is try and institute a contract for next year. It might be tough with your current customers but you may find it easier with newer ones.

Possibly offer current customers a discount if the prepay for the year. But also you want them to know what services they are getting from you and that they agree with those services.

landonkade
10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 21 2007,6:37)]One idea you could do is try and institute a contract for next year. It might be tough with your current customers but you may find it easier with newer ones.

Possibly offer current customers a discount if the prepay for the year. But also you want them to know what services they are getting from you and that they agree with those services.
i thought about the summer lawn special door hanger.flyer page 7 with the (Free lawn cut) with any spring clean up( 2 free cuts )with lawn agreement (try us) for $25. With a lawn agreement or something when summer sits in

Steve
10-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Good!

So you would be thinking of handing that out when? In the summer?

pnplawn
10-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 21 2007,6:27)]i have about 18 for this week and i have received alot of calls from customers telling me ( i dont think its been 2 weeks, can u wait) like they are confused or something, we tell them yes it has been 2 weeks and your lawn in due for the cut.
This is the customers way of saying there wanting to be "Cheap" I know you can not afford to drop them, BUT I would. This is how I put it to the customer. If I can not cut your grass and maintain your yard over the winter months and and still get paid, Then I can not cut your grass in the summer, They ask why? I will them that I have to get paid in the winter cause I have payments year round. Not just in the summer. So if I can not pay my bills in the winter then I can not mow for them in the summer.

pmblair
10-22-2007, 01:15 AM
I still think the contract idea is the easiest. Have them sign on with you. Then you KNOW you'll be getting paid. Also, you might think about doing a few more commercial accounts. They'll pay with little to no problem. They understand why businesses have contracts, and if they want to use you, they won't mind signing. I would make sure in any circumstance, that you get first and last month payments upfront. That way, if you go out and do their services for two months with no pay, you're not behind. Just ensure them that you're getting FIRST and LAST months' payments... not the FIRST TWO months. It covers you.

Clean Lawn
10-23-2007, 06:01 PM
I use a contract and I don't or haven't had any problems with my customers thus far. I had one person ask if I would provide him services without a contract and I told him no. We only do work with contracts. It protects us and it protects them. If you need some generic contracts I have some I could e-mail to you. Then you could create your own from them like I have.
Good luck and I agree about them being cheap and not wanting to pay. Those are the ones you want to avoid if at all possible.

landonkade
10-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Quote[/b] (Clean Lawn @ Oct. 23 2007,6:01)]I use a contract and I don't or haven't had any problems with my customers thus far. I had one person ask if I would provide him services without a contract and I told him no. We only do work with contracts. It protects us and it protects them. If you need some generic contracts I have some I could e-mail to you. Then you could create your own from them like I have.
Good luck and I agree about them being cheap and not wanting to pay. Those are the ones you want to avoid if at all possible.
I would like to review the contracts that u are offering me to see. Just pm me with them