PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Days

pmblair
10-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I was talking with a friend who is a real estate agent. She said that they have "vendor days" where all the agents in the office get together with local vendors and it's kind of like a "fair" of sorts. You get to put up a table with your information and such, and the agents go around collecting business cards, fliers, brochures and information from the different vendors. She said that they have landscapers, pressure washers, stagers, and tons of other types of vendors on hand on these days. She said she would give me a call when they were going to do it again. She works out of two offices. One has about 50 people in it... the other has 80. So I should be making some HEFTY contacts. I would recommend you guys to do the same.... call your real estate agents. Ask them do they have a "vendor day" or something of the like.

That also got me to thinking about this..... if they can have "vendor days", why couldn't we invite THEM to something to promote ourselves. I don't know that it would work, or what we could even do.... but I know you have to be able to figure something out.

Ideas? Thoughts? Comments?

Steve
10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Quote[/b] ]I was talking with a friend who is a real estate agent. She said that they have "vendor days" where all the agents in the office get together with local vendors and it's kind of like a "fair" of sorts. You get to put up a table with your information and such, and the agents go around collecting business cards, fliers, brochures and information from the different vendors. She said that they have landscapers, pressure washers, stagers, and tons of other types of vendors on hand on these days.

Do you have any idea how much it costs?

Quote[/b] ]That also got me to thinking about this..... if they can have "vendor days", why couldn't we invite THEM to something to promote ourselves. I don't know that it would work, or what we could even do.... but I know you have to be able to figure something out.
You absolutely could.

How about this, Get an area, have it open to members of the public as a garage sale and then have spots in it for local business owners as well. Maybe do it at a local church or local school parking lot? Or maybe at a store parking lot if you know the owner. It seems like garage sales really attract residents.

You could call it Green & Clean's Mega Spring Yard Sale! You could sell table spots for $20 or $25 and this is something you could do in the spring and fall!

http://thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/mega_yard_sale.jpg

pmblair
10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I have no idea how much it costs... if anything... but as soon as I find out, I will let you guys know.

I like the mega yard sale thing... very interesting idea.... the pic didn't come through, though... lol

Steve
10-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Whoops lets try this.

Another thing you could do is to manage the event and possibly do it at a church. Give all the money raised, to the church but in return for you managing it, you would be allowed to advertise your business.

Clean Lawn
10-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I asked a couple of real estate agents if they would be interested in purchasing 3 month contracts for new homeowners when a sale occurred with one of their houses (for the new homeowner purchasing the home). Most didn't want to spend any of their commission on this but I thought it was a great idea and I even offered it if they would be interested in using it for more than 10 homes per 3-6 month period that I would discount the amount for them just to help put my companies name out there to these new homeowners. Still no bites, what does everyone think about this idea? Should I keep pushing it to different agents?

pmblair
10-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't know... I mean, it never hurts to ask... but most real estate agents I know are tight with their money. When I bought the house I'm in right now, it needed to be pressure washed REALLY bad... the seller didn't want to pay to have it washed, and at the time, I didn't have a pressure washer... the agent said "It's ok... I'll get it done for you..." I assumed he meant he would get someone to do it.... what he meant was HE would do it.... and he did...

Tight... very tight with his money.... mows the lawns on all his vacant properties... pressure washes all the dirty houses his name is on... the man's tight, I'm telling you... lol

Steve
10-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Maybe if you have any that are friends of yours you could ask them which offer would work best?

The way the real estate market is going though, these agents are going to need something to move houses http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

It doesn't need to come out of their commission either, the seller could be the one that pays it.

Maybe you could market it to the home sellers!

Clean Lawn
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
That is another great suggestion. I wan hoping to get the agents to bite the bullet and eat the cost and like I said I was willing to adjust and make a really reasonable price for them to continually use us for homes they were selling but I did suggest it to a young man who is an agent and is starting his own lawn care business so my idea might be used yet lol. Thanks though that is another way I will push it too and yes, I know two agents and they are tight about money or doing anything. All they do is sell the homes and my husband has his realtor license but isn't active with it. They don't want to pay for anything but make it sound like they do more work than anyone else in the job market......I want to sit on my butt and just answer phones and.... wait I do that for my lawn care <gasp> :blush:

Steve
10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I think the homeowners would be more willing to spend on something like this if it helped them get their home sold. The best part about it is there is no money up front.

You present the idea to the homeowner. You can say, "look the real estate market is taking a nose dive. If you are trying to sell your house and need something to help push a buyer into signing a contract, I am here to help you. I will provide a years worth of lawn care for this property once you sell it for $x. By giving the new buyer a years worth of lawn care for free you (the seller) are actually saving money because the buyer will think they are getting something a lot more valuable than what it really cost you to pay for this. So ultimately I will help you save money and sell your house.
Don't drop your house price by $10,000 when you can offer free lawn care for a year and it only costs you $x.

You don't have to pay me until you sell the house. Then I will start my lawn care servicing on the property. You can't lose on this deal."

Let me know of what you think of this sales presentation.

Steve
10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Here is a flyer / letter preview to help promote this

Download file here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=31&t=3456&st=30&&#entry26534). <span style='color:Red'>Make sure you logged into the forum to download all files</span>

pmblair
10-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Nice, Steve... but I would also add in there...

"During the first year someone moves into a new house, they are too busy unpacking, painting, tossing out things they no longer need and all the other chores that goes with moving into a new house. They'll need a dependable company to come out and help them care for the outside of their home while they take care of the inside!"

Maybe offer them a 1 year discount on THEIR new home's lawn maintenance if they purchase this plan...?

Steve
10-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Quote[/b] ]Maybe offer them a 1 year discount on THEIR new home's lawn maintenance if they purchase this plan...?
Do you mean after the first year is up or do you mean market to new homeowners specifically with that offer?

pmblair
10-22-2007, 01:56 AM
I mean that if you were going to sell your house, and I sold you on the contract for one year of lawn maintenance for the house you're selling, then I would also offer you a discount fo one year on the house you'd be moving into.

Clean Lawn
10-23-2007, 01:28 AM
Gotcha and that is another great idea to go along with it. Thanks guys I think I am going to give that one another shot with it being marketed at the seller now.