PDA

View Full Version : Standing out

Steve
10-18-2007, 07:27 PM
How difficult has it been for you and your business to stand out? Do you find that it is difficult or have you found it something easy?

Clean Lawn
10-18-2007, 10:49 PM
I think in such a large area like Hampton Roads where I am it is very hard to stand out. There are so many lawn services here and I am surprised when customers ask me for a free lawn estimate and tell me they called 3 or 4 others and they never called them back. How they heck do they get business that way?
I'm going to have a webpage created sooner than I wanted too but I know it will be great for CleanLawn. I am creating some packages for new and existing clients to choose from for lawn and landscaping wants. I am hoping this will help us to stand out from there others because I have not seen others doing this here. I work with my husband to create a great referal service and this spring we want to really push the business advertising in some of this areas different things.

Steve
10-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Very interesting stuff!

How important is a marketing gimmick to you? How important is it to have one thing at least that people know you by? Do you search for such a thing. Say for instance, Teresa now has a pink truck and mowers. That stands out.

How important is a marketing gimmick to you?

pmblair
10-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 20 2007,9:42)]Teresa now has a pink truck and mowers.
I have GOT to see pics... c'mon Teresa... where are the pics?? lol

LawncareMarketingMagic
10-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Marketing 'gimmicks' can be pretty effective if done properly. You obviously want to be careful to not go completely overboard, but if crafted carefully, they can draw tons of attention to your business.

Heck, look at Tiger Time Lawn Care!?! No offense Lee, but chicks mowing grass in bikinis is a complete gimmick.

Another example is the largest manufacturer of industrial sized fans. These are some HUUUUGGGGEEEE fans. So they decided to name their company 'Big *** Fans (http://www.bigassfans.com)'. And that's exactly what they are. They even got William the Refrigerator Perry to be a spokesman for them. Total gimmick all around, but a very successful one too!

Clean Lawn
10-23-2007, 12:22 AM
OH MY GOD! I just met William Perry not even 1 month ago! How weird! But he is a huge guy and works perfectly for that. I hadn't really thought about the whole gimmicks thing.
I said this on another post but I know some sign language and posted on previous craigslist post that my business is "deaf friendly".