PDA

View Full Version : Tieing in the World Series with your marketing?

Steve
10-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I am still not exactly sure what this promotion is all about. It has something to do with if a player in the World Series steals a base, then Taco Bell will offer a free taco to consumers? Or something like that.

Well, what I do know is that it was unique enough to get Taco Bell free media attention.

This could work for you too!

What if you made some kind of bet with the residents of your area where you said, you are so convinced the RedSox will win that if they don't you will give out free lawn mowing. Then go on to say to take part in this a person needs to call you up and sign up for this 'bet.' You will then mow for free anyone on your list and you will try and get to as many as you can for one day only.

Would that be enough to get you into the local papers and make it worth your while?

Taco Bell's World Series bet: Free tacos for all (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21419517/) - Many Americans will be wagering on this week's baseball World Series. For Taco Bell, the stakes are a free taco for everyone in the United States.

The fast-food chain on Monday unveiled a promotion it is calling "Steal a Base, Steal a Taco," which will run through the best-of-seven matchup.

"Millions and millions of people will be watching the Series and hopefully tuning in to see when they are going to get their taco," said Taco Bell spokesman Rob Poetsch.

http://moneyandfinance.theamericanmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/tacobell-logo.JPG

LawncareMarketingMagic
10-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Great idea Steve. I'd then send out a postcard to your target market (you do have your 'farm', don't you?) and areas you already service. Then, I'd put together a press release to alert the local media about what you're doing.

If you have a website, set up a simple form to capture the contact information of anyone that registers.

I'd also set up the contest where you'll have 1 day of free services, so it'll be a 'first come, first served' basis where they are eligible FOR THE OPPORTUNITY to get the service for free. Then you could do a random drawing to decide the winners.

Steve
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh good ideas!

Then how about this! Could you make it like a bet with the customer? Where if you win and they lose, you get to put your lawn care yard sign on their lawn for a week?

Could you then get a bunch of signs printed up and ready so you could these signs out on the lawns?

Then maybe you could also give out gift cards, so even if they lost, they still win something ;)

Plus it helps you promote your business even further.