PDA

View Full Version : Civic beautification group

Steve
10-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Now this could be a great way to reach out to people in your area. What if you formed a civic beautification group. You could create a section on your site where you could show different parts of the town that need improvement and you could look for volunteers to help.

You could also get in touch with the town to find out which projects are on their to do list. List these projects and ask others to get involved. Ask other civic groups as well to get involved. At the end of the year you could have awards and give them out to those people in the town who really helped out.

It could really position you and your company as the go to company in your town. This would allow you to make contacts in town and also give back to your community.

This is something that you could totally put together no matter what level you are at!

Civic Beautification Contest award winners announced (http://www.centralohio.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/BB/20071016/NEWS01/710160301/1002) - About 40 people gathered at the Fremont Federation of Women Home Monday night for the 23rd annual awards reception to recognize the winners of the 2007 Civic Beautification Contest.

The event is sponsored by The News-Messenger and The Fremont Tree and Beautification Commission.

pnplawn
10-17-2007, 02:50 PM
I have already been doing this on my own. For the city, I have been working on our Mall Strip. That what we call out main street through town. I went out sunday eve and reset all the small oaks cause the string they used to set them with was broken and the trees were all leaning .

http://www.pnplawncare.com/mainstreet.jpg

Steve
10-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh! That is great! Did you take any before and after pictures?

pnplawn
10-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Yes I have some before pictures Ill get some after ones and post them.

Steve
10-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh I am looking forwards to this!

Did you do anything to promote this to the local press?

How are you using it to help promote your business further?