PDA

View Full Version : Question about referrals

landonkade
10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
i currently do lawn care and pressure washing as u have seen on the forum. I was wondering i service a lawn(Martha) i currently did pressure washing for(same house). There next door neighbor home is dirty, needs pressure washed. Should i go to the next door neighbors home and talk to her about getting her house pressure washed or get the lady(martha) that i do the lawn for to go over there, and if the lady says yes he can.

i give martha a discount on her next lawn service, but if so i would have to figure to where i am not loosing anything, just to where i am coming out even on the lawn and making the differance up on the pressure washing next door. As a referral system

hope i explained it right,lol

Steve
10-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Word of mouth is always the best way to go and having something in place to motivate people to promote you is fantastic.

However, referals tend to happen at a certain pace, more slower than faster. If you are interested in getting more work, I would simply go up and talk to them when you are servicing the neighbors property. Talk to them and see if you could provide the service for them. Maybe even leave them a flyer and tell them you will give them a discount by a certain date because they are next door to Martha. Maybe something like that.

landonkade
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 16 2007,6:31)]Word of mouth is always the best way to go and having something in place to motivate people to promote you is fantastic.

However, referals tend to happen at a certain pace, more slower than faster. If you are interested in getting more work, I would simply go up and talk to them when you are servicing the neighbors property. Talk to them and see if you could provide the service for them. Maybe even leave them a flyer and tell them you will give them a discount by a certain date because they are next door to Martha. Maybe something like that.
ok, i will try that i go back over there in about a week. After i got done with martha house with pressure washing, i asked her husband how it looked and he said alot better, it needed it

Steve
10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
You should also consider getting some before and after pics. Then get a testimonial from them. A short one or two sentence quote you can use in your flyers or on your website.

landonkade
10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 16 2007,6:58)]You should also consider getting some before and after pics. Then get a testimonial from them. A short one or two sentence quote you can use in your flyers or on your website.

or something like a photo album to show people before and after/ person to person as for right now until i get a website

Steve
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Absolutely.

You can get a photo album. On the left page show the before pictures and on the right show the after pictures. That is a great marketing idea!

landonkade
10-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 16 2007,7:16)]Absolutely.

You can get a photo album. On the left page show the before pictures and on the right show the after pictures. That is a great marketing idea!
i got $210 for 3 hours worth of work of that house that i posted with brick and vinyl. So thats $70 a hour. Not sure if thats a good price for that house or not. They didnt have anything to say about the price so i guess it was fine

Steve
10-16-2007, 07:24 PM
I think it was great! Good job!

I can see bigger things coming your way now! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

landonkade
10-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 16 2007,7:24)]I think it was great! Good job!

I can see bigger things coming your way now! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
i have added some more vinyl lettering to my truck. i will get my wife to put them on the computer and i will post it here in a little bit.

Steve
10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
I am looking forwards to it!

What's next now in your marketing?

landonkade
10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 16 2007,7:47)]I am looking forwards to it!

What's next now in your marketing?
the banner ad that *was made with the J & M Lawn Care. 30 of our friends on myspace have it on there website for us.

Steve
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Have you considered asking around to your friends to find if they know of any good deeds you could do in your neighborhood to use to help build goodwill and market your business?