PDA

View Full Version : BBQ to market your business?

Steve
10-08-2007, 10:48 AM
What if you created a bbq trailer out of some 50 gallon barrels and made it available to your community for free?

How much could it possibly cost to put something like this together and then think to yourself how much good will would you create with it?

I think this is another idea that could make you a great friend to your community.

Maybe you could also get a canopy tent that had your name on it, to help promote your business. The screen printing could read ABC Lawn Care - Free Community BBQ Trailer.

Can you imagine how many of your local community groups would just love you for offering this free service? It could really give you a great 'in' with many community members.

What's your take on this?

Steve
10-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Then in your marketing material and on your website you could promote that you offer this service free to your community and you could have pictures showing different local groups using your trailer. Wouldn't that be awesome!

You could also have a banner that promoted your lawn care business on the serving table as well as signs on your bbq trailer.

Steve
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Here is an idea of what your serving tables could look like. Think about how many local potential customers would be seeing this and hearing great things about you and your company for providing this!

Steve
10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
You could also add a bunch of your business cards and flyers on the table and offer a raffle for a free lawn cut. Have a section where you can fill out your name and stick it in a fish bowl. The winner is chosen at the end of the day by the group. The winner doesn't have to be there but they do need to live in your service area and have a yard within a certain size.

Then you could take pictures of the winner when you go to cut their lawn and post this on your website!

pmblair
10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Wow! I think that's an AWESOME idea!! ::jots some notes down::

Another quality idea stolen.... err borrowed by Green & Clean!

Steve
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks! I hope you are able to use it!

This would be a good idea especially for you if you ever wanted to get into your own restaurant business too! If there were events on the weekends, it could give you a platform to show off some of your cooking skills!

pmblair
10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I was thinking about this idea today and how else we could use it... I came up with the idea of actually DOING a bar-b-q at some sort of fall festival. What I mean is, find out when and where all the fall festivals in your area will be, then rent booth space and sell bar-b-q at the festival. You can make money off the food sales, plus, you can advertise your bar-b-q loaner and your business all at the same time. Have business cards, fliers, etc. at your table.

Other ideas?

Steve
10-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh yea that would be great if you are a good cook and enjoy bbqing.

It would be a great way to meet people too.

Are there any fairs in specific you are looking towards doing this and when are they? Winter or Spring?

pmblair
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, one thing that got me thinking about it is that there is a Chili Cookoff coming up in November for the local civitan club. They don't allow business marketing, but we're going to put a booth out there and cook (I LOVE to cook). We're going to have brochures about our little girl and her condition. In the back of the brocuhre, we're going to put "Sponsored by Green & Clean and Blair Productions" with our websites in there, too.

Yes, I'll take some pics... lol

But there are all kind of festivals... some of the schools do fall festivals, there are arts and crafts festivals coming up... tons of festivals... I'm going to try to do a festival once a quarter... get some shirts made (and hopefully some hats) and MARKET MARKET MARKET! I figure with every plate, we'll have some coupons to hand out... and then like a drawing for a free pressure wash... a free fall/spring clean-up... etc... REALLY, REALLY market this business with food! lol