PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treating & Marketing

Steve
10-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Halloween is a great day to go out marketing and meet new potential customers. Why? Well because your potential customers will anxiously be waiting at the door to give out candy and great their neighbors! What better of a chance do you have than that to meet them and potentially make a sale.

So what do you do? On Halloween, schedule it to be a marketing day. You and your employees should all dress up in costumes and go out around the area to knock on doors, collect candy and hand out marketing material.

Meeting new potential clients face to face at their door is the best way for them to get to know you and for you to take a quick look at their property so you can give them a bid right then and there to either mow their property or provide a fall clean up or maybe even offer holiday outdoor decoration services.

When you go out walking around in a costume, maybe take your kids along or go with some of extended members of your family. Have fun with this. Show the potential client that you are a hustler and you are out to impress them. They will be impressed you took the time to dress up and get into the spirit of Halloween.

This is a very novel approach to marketing and I am sure your potential customers will think you are very creative for coming up with this idea.

You can also make some flyers especially for the occasion with a picture of you and some fun marketing text. This will be a fun thing to hand out to the people you meet. Make them a special Halloween offer that expires within x amount of days to get them to jump on the offer. You might also want to write down a bid for a job on the flyer as you walk up to the door. Another thing you might want to give them is a magnetic business card. People tend to hold onto these for a longer period of time so they are worth the extra money.

If you really don't want to do this, another idea is to pay some local kids to hand out flyers and door hangers for you, but this won't be nearly as effective as if you and your employees went out and did this together.

I know you are thinking this is nutty, but that's why the idea just might work!

Let me know if you try this out or plan on doing it.

I will include some marketing sample ideas.

Steve
10-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Here is one with a Superman costume.

Steve
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
How about Uncle Sam?

Steve
10-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Dog the bounty hunter?

Steve
10-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Yea I know this sounds stupid by why the heck not. It will surely stand out and that's the name of the game.

Stand out, get new customers, keep them with great service and your business will grow.

Don't just miss this opportunity!

What if you even pushed around your lawn mower and you dressed that up too!?

I be if you took pictures of this, you could even get in the paper as a local business owner who took advantage of halloween to promote his business!