PDA

View Full Version : Marketing ideas from our friend Kevin

Steve
10-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Here are some marketing ideas from our friend Kevin. His business got top ranking in Google, even before he had a website! WOW! Now you can follow some of the steps he has done to help your search rankings and reach out to more potential customers.

Quote[/b] ]I'm a home inspector, if you google "Aiken inspector" (my area)
I showed up on the front page even without a web site for the last three years. How? sign up for every free internet leads group, classifieds, related message boards. Everything that list your name on the internet can tie you to a related search.
Listing your business on google maps is the easiest way to get yourself on the first page.
One that's not free but reasonable, is servicemagic.com. The nice thing about service magic is they only charge you if you get a lead. In a business such as landscaping, you would be charged for the initial lead, after you connect with the client, that client is yours. Servicemagic is also very helpful in getting you near the top of google, yahoo and excite.
I'm still trying to figure out if myspace helps your ranking on a general search. What I do know is that it's also free and you can connect with hundreds or thousands of people if you want then send out bulletins. You can't beat myspace classifieds either. There are several ways to get to the top of a search and get good advertising that doesn't cost a lot of money.
I recently joined craigslist.com not sure about that one yet.