PDA

View Full Version : Halloween marketing idea

Steve
09-24-2007, 05:30 AM
This Halloween, if you have trick-or-treaters that come to your house or business. Why not do this.

Take pictures of the kids that are dressed up in costumes. Then when you give the kids their candy treats, include a little business card size ad that is attached to the treat.

On the card tell them you will be picking the best costume and you will be giving an award. It will be posted on your website the following day and in order to find who won, the kids will have to have their parents visit your website.

Maybe then on the website and on the back of the card offer a special on fall leaf cleanup or promote your upcoming holiday lighting services. Give a limited time offer to make them jump on the offer.

Have some kind of gift for the kid or kids. Maybe 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and possibly get some gift cards from a local toy store or something the kids would enjoy.

Then they can be claimed within the next X days. They can send you an email or stop by.

You can then send out press releases to the paper that night of the best costume and that you are offering a gift card to the winner. The newspaper might pick up the story.

Maybe title the article

"Is this you?"
ABC Lawn Care is looking for this child, the winner of our Halloween contest. Please contact us at www.abclawncare.com to claim your prize.

Maybe you could even contact the paper and find out how much an ad would cost to do this.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/3e/300px-Trick_or_Treater.jpg

Steve
09-24-2007, 05:39 AM
Here is a visual of what you could do. Remember on the back of the card, promote some upcoming service you have to offer.

SerranoLandscaping
09-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I think this is a great idea.

Steve
09-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Pete,

If you do something like this, take pictures!

SerranoLandscaping
09-24-2007, 11:36 AM
I might do something like this. Will deff post pictures.

Clean Lawn
09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I think next year when I have the webpage for CleanLawn I am definately going to take advantage of this idea. If someone does it link some pictures and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the the great idea!

lawncareinnovations
09-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Good thinking

Steve
09-27-2007, 04:38 AM
You could do the same thing for Holiday decorations during Christmas too! Have a contest on your website. Then put our flyers about it or door hangers. Along with your advertising you could say you offer holiday decorations as well.