PDA

View Full Version : Clean up and good deed marketing

Steve
09-18-2007, 07:32 AM
What if you had a page on your website where you had a map of your town. Then you had images on it you could click to see the good deeds you did in town. Maybe even have some video of the project you did. Tell the viewer who you helped and what you did. Show before and after.

This could be done with pictures too but video would really push it over the top.

Maybe you could get the local paper involved to get some local community members to take part in your cleanups as well!

You could notify volunteers of you upcoming projects and let them know when and where to show up to help. I bet you could get items donated as well for the projects. Like fixing a ball field or anything else.

What do you think of this idea? Would it make you look like a leader in your community and a good guy/gal? Would this bring you more business in the long haul?

StartALawnCareBusiness
09-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Nice. That's an awesome idea.

In fact, you can do this very thing using Google Earth. You can make an animated tour of your town. Along the tour, thumb-tac pictures and descriptions of the good deeds you have done to the locations on the map.

One way to do this is to generate a KMZ file. The users can download and run this file. Google Earth will automatically run the file if it is loaded on the users system.

Granted, this is a bit too time consuming for most customers looking for a LCO.

Instead, use a program called Camtasia (or one like it) to make a movie out of what is being shown on your desktop. Then, simply upload the video to your website using an autoplay movie script. Or, even better yet, simply upload to YouTube and embed the url into your html.

Keith

Steve
09-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Those are some good idea!

Maybe also a map with thumb tack numbers on it and then below a description of each job. Maybe you could click on it and see some pictures and video of each project.

If an lco did this, there is no doubt they would become the township darling!

Steve
09-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Here is a visual of the idea. What do you think about it?

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-26-59982-cleanup_map.jpg

SerranoLandscaping
09-20-2007, 09:20 PM
I cant wait to get this started. I need to move my way up with the big dogs in town. Way to any LCO in the lehigh valley. Today on my way to a job around 7:30 am no lie i saw 11 lco. In a 10 min drive, thats just insane I want to see how many of them make it for next year after I bid on everything I see haha.

I'll post a picture tomorrow of a LCCompany during a mowing visit. Funny picture. These guys had every equipment brand new. New truck, a new 20 some foot trailer, new Zrt's and Huge decals on the truck and trailer.

I took a picture of the 2 trimmer guys taking a 20 min nap on the trailers ramp while the other guy mowed the 1 acre property, is that professional for a new LCC? you tell me.

Steve
09-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Quote[/b] ]I cant wait to get this started. I need to move my way up with the big dogs in town. Way to any LCO in the lehigh valley. Today on my way to a job around 7:30 am no lie i saw 11 lco. In a 10 min drive, thats just insane I want to see how many of them make it for next year after I bid on everything I see haha.

If you want to be the biggest and best in the area, there is a lot of things that need to come together. You need to promote your business and yourself. You need to become the go to guy for lawn care and landscaping.

Once we get the map up and going we should be thinking about other things as well. How about sponsoring a local little league team? Maybe get involved with the boy scouts or cub scouts and do some work with them to help them get their merit badges. Have someone videotape all this so it can be edited into a show you can put on youtube. Think BIG!

Quote[/b] ]I'll post a picture tomorrow of a LCCompany during a mowing visit. Funny picture. These guys had every equipment brand new. New truck, a new 20 some foot trailer, new Zrt's and Huge decals on the truck and trailer.

I took a picture of the 2 trimmer guys taking a 20 min nap on the trailers ramp while the other guy mowed the 1 acre property, is that professional for a new LCC? you tell me.
WoW! I am looking forwards to seeing that!

SerranoLandscaping
09-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Im thinking BIG right now for next year. I have some ideas i would like to put together for next year. So hope everything goes well. So far is looking good and i've been in business for 6 months. My best months I have to say is this one.