PDA

View Full Version : Word of Mouth and niche' clients

bogilvie
06-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey guys, Brian here from Pilot Turf and Tree.
I have a great update for you all'. I have started fairly strong for having started two weeks ago. I have Five full time clients and I have yet to go distribute any fliers.

I came across on lead who turned into a client. He is selling his Home and moving soon, but has yet to sell his house. I have had two other clients related to this customer who has referred me apparently. These two are also in a similar situation and need service until they sell thier home!

It was surprising to me to learn that they were referred to me, but not really. I left an invoice with the original customer as he is busy and have not spoke with him directly for any feedback on performance. Obviously he is satisfied!

So, here is a niche' market to find customers maybe through realestate brokers or whoever who have clients in a similar boat! Also whats great to this is you have an opportunitty to gain future clients from those that purchase the house! I mean who wants to unpack things and move in and worry about mowing the grass in the dead of summer right?

Steve
06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Have you talked to realtors about having them sell a home with a years worth of lawn care and then have the realtor have you service the lawns?

bogilvie
06-19-2007, 06:48 PM
how would I approach the realator? There are many around and a few I know. But who would pay for it and where would it be built into the cost of the home?

Steve
06-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Either the home seller or the realtor would pay for it. Do you know any realtors you could approach? If not why not make some flyers on this or create letters and send them to real estate offices.

As the real estate market tanks more, home owners are going to be looking for more enticements to help sell their property. This good be very helpful.