PDA

View Full Version : How Jaskaran gets new clients

Steve
06-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Here is an interesting view on how Jaskaran gets new clients. Door to door flier distribution.

From behind a lawn mower, his business savvy grew (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070618/BUSINESS/706180343/-1/LOCAL17) - Q: What lessons have you learned along the way?
A: Along the way I have learned lots of things, including how to interact with clients. To add more customers I usually go door to door with a flier. This has helped me learn how to speak well and sell myself to others.
Mowing grass also requires some discipline and dedication. If I am not prompt, the grass will be too long. I have learned how to bill clients and how to manage my time.
Time management has been the most important thing I have learned. Mowing grass is only one aspect of my life. I need time to do schoolwork, hang out with my friends and play sports. Mowing grass has taught me how to manage my time effectively so that I can get everything done.

Q: Why have you been successful?
A: The fact that I am dependable. I come on a regular basis and do a good job. My customers are willing to help out a young person saving money for college. And I charge less than most commercial lawn companies.