PDA

View Full Version : pre-screening customer

xtreme lawn
07-17-2003, 02:36 PM
I have heard that the larger landscape companies will go out into an area they want to attract more business from and pick and choose the properties they want to service, calculate an estimate as they drive through and then send a letter along with an estimate to do the property. It seems very time consuming. Although maybe this is a secret to getting big. Has anyone done this or heard of this?

xtreme lawn
07-17-2003, 02:37 PM
If you pre-screen customers, how do you do it?

1manCrew
07-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Well the one thing I do that didn't seem a logical thing at first is that I dont drop off flyers to properties that are over grown. At first I thought those would be the best properties to contact, but then as you experiment you learn the reason why those properties are overgrown is because they either don't care or don't have the money to pay for it to be cared for. Either way, they wouldn't use my services. Now I prescreen by looking to see if the property is at least mowed.

C&B Cuts
07-19-2003, 10:46 AM
When you first start off, getting any lawns to cut is a good thing. As you grow, look for the nicer properties to service. The better the property is kept before you sign them up to be serviced, the better profits you can make from that customer.

Fastcutz
07-23-2003, 05:00 PM
The only way I pre-screen customers is that if they will pay me or not.