PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started and need help

Steve
04-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Quote[/b] ]Hello there,

I was surfing on the web and ran across your sight. I am trying to start up a lawn care and landscape business, I am not very familiar with the art of advertising, I have been wanting to start this business for a couple of years now, but don't want to make an advertising or investment mistake. If you can help me in any way I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks for your time,

Chris Fiel

CF Lawn & Landscape

I got this email from Chris and I thought the best way to help him would be to post this and get your feedback. Maybe Chris cold also jump in here and tell us what advertising ideas he is looking into using.

chrisfiel
04-16-2007, 12:55 PM
i am pretty new to the business world, "owning" that is, and i realize that you need to advertise to get your name out there, i am considering flyers, and business cards, and if i get some results from them, then maybe drop an ad in the local paper. does anyone have any suggestions,
thanks,
Chris

Steve
04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Chris get business cards made. Definetly. And hand them out to everyone you know. Flyers are cheap too.

When you are starting out you want to tell everyone you know that you are now in business.

Were you able to use any of the templates we have for download?

All Aspects Landscaping
04-16-2007, 09:41 PM
business cards are so cheap... give them away like theyre goin out of style.. Hit the pavement...on the weekends when the homeowners are outside... offer free cuts... maybe sponser a youth baseball team. We sponser a local fishing tournament just to get the name out more. Volunteer time... it doesnt cost a thing, and give out cards and wear a company shirt. Just always maintain a professional image. Pay attention to your verbage. Sound successful = being successful.

chrisfiel
04-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Yes, i was able to download some templates, i have business cards on the way, and i am going to start passing out flyers this weekend. Thanks for the recommendations, very much appreciated. if anyone can think of any other low cost advertising investment, please let me know, i live in a very competitive area with alot of lawn services. So i will use great customer service to hopefully bring potential customers in,
thanks again,
chris

Steve
04-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Chris,

If you have more time now than money, use your time for promotional purposes. We have seen others on this forum do things like contact your local paper and offer to do a yard cleanup or mowing once a month to a needy family. Have the paper help you find a family to help.

Do things that use your specialty and equipment to build goodwill in your community. Maybe get involved with the mowing for troops program?

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

All Aspects Landscaping,

Do you have any photos of the fishing event? Or is there a website we could see it? How did they promote your logo or brand? What king of results did you get from it?

I really like the idea. It sounds very fun!

tiedeman
04-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Yes, I agree with the above posts about business cards. Hand them out to everyone, 2) post them at stores on the bullentin boards, 3) ask stores if you can put your cards in a holder by the checkout, 4) tell your friends and family about the business and have them spread the word, 5) go door to door and offer services, 6) call people that you know to ask them.

All Aspects Landscaping
04-19-2007, 08:14 PM
We tiptoed last year... our logos werent up to date... our staff was kinda thin... so we kinda laid low and made a monetary donation for the winner. (Its a very large youth fishing program in town) 300+ children... This year it is scheduled for next month. We are currently creating a banner and various other company literature with a estimate request box. We are donating the money to supply the pretzels... we are the pretzel guys. We buy em... the fishing club gets the proceeds... We'll get pics for ya when they come in.

All Aspects Landscaping
04-19-2007, 08:41 PM
We've also decided to donate a kids bicycle to the winner of the event. As Im getting a little older, I realize though... its not all about the business. I almost cried last year seeing how that little kid lit up when his name was called and that he won the contest. (i must admit... i cant wait to take his parents money though!!http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif ... Anyways... I hope this helps someone out there. Ill post pics and hopefully have some good stories to tell. By the way... Im still pushing for a mac version of Gopher!!! I will not stop my quest for a mac version:laugh:

Steve
04-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I can't wait to see the pics! Great job!