PDA

View Full Version : Custom car or bike for promotion?

Steve
02-12-2007, 06:22 PM
We have all seen the Orange County Chopper Company put together the Trimspa motorcycle. It really seemed to get a ton of press coverage and bring all new awareness to the company.

My question to you is, have you seen a lawn care company do something similar?

If not, why not?

Couldn't also be used as a business write off?

Motorcycle Appeal: From Rebel to Run-of-the Mill TRIMSPA® OCC Bike is a Hot Seat! (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/9/prweb160890.htm) - Landing on numerous red carpets and serving as eye candy at celebrity and public events, the TRIMSPA Orange County Chopper “Race Bike”, featured in the Discovery Channel program American Chopper, is one of the company’s most requested attraction devices as well as one of the most photographed bikes in the world. Attracting everyone from motorcycle aficionados and passers-by to photographers and A-List celebs, the stars are not the only ones wearing bling-bling these days.

http://www.hotbikeweb.com/features/0402hb_05z+Bourget_Trimspa_Custom+Full_Right_Side_ View.jpg

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
02-13-2007, 12:03 AM
I've mulled over the idea of building a bike after I complete and sell my Cobra. I'll have enough funds to do a kit of some sort. When the day comes I'll solicit ideas from everybody as to what sort of lawn care icons to incorporate into the design.

A couple of quick things that come to mind...How about chrome plated .250 Gator blades for spokes? And a rubber clippings deflector under the bike where the exhaust pipes could exit?

Steve
02-13-2007, 01:38 PM
How would you go about making such rims? I can only imagine that it must be very difficult with it having to be perfectly balanced.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
02-14-2007, 09:22 AM
CNC! With the right guy programing the machine, a wheel could be whitled out of billet stock with all the right edges to look like gator blades. Balancing would be done later as part of quality control.

Steve
02-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh wow that is amazing!

I have seen that on orange county chopper and its just fascinating to watch!

Here is the Dixie Chopper bike. I think it went with mower blades in the rims. Maybe it will give us all ideas.