PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Advertising flop?

Steve
02-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I agree with this article. The Super Bowl is the Super Bowl for advertisers as well. Here you have all these viewers who are looking to the advertising world to deliver and I don't think they did it this year.

What's your view?

Super Bowl ads, like the game, disappoint (http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/05/news/companies/superbowlads/index.htm?cnn=yes) - Anheuser-Busch scores points for some clever spots, but most ad critics think this year's big commercials were underwhelming.

Boring. Poorly executed. Unmemorable.

These words could not only be used to describe the action that took place on the football field during Super Bowl XLI Sunday night but also the uber-hyped commercials that aired during the big game.

Several advertising experts said Sunday night that, with a few exceptions, most of the commercials were disappointing. So it looks like many corporations may have wasted the $2.6 million that CBS (Charts) was said to be charging for 30 seconds of ad time.

"This was not a banner year for Super Bowl ads. Nothing really stood out," said Steve McKee, president of McKee Wallwork Cleveland Advertising, an agency that runs Adbowl, a site that tracks opinions about Super Bowl commercials.

maelawncare
02-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I think 90% of them defently SUCKED. My top three were, Blockbuster mouse, buds rock paper scesors, and fedexs space office.

Steve
02-07-2007, 10:08 AM
It wasn't too long ago when almost every commercial was over the top. When you felt they were actually trying.

Maybe next year?