PDA

View Full Version : Community projects

Steve
01-30-2007, 11:22 AM
How often have you or have you seen other lcos help in community projects. Patrick Plantenberg seems to take a big part in his community and it appears he gets a lot of positive press and good will!

Living up to his name (http://www.helenair.com/articles/2007/01/29/helena_top/a01012907_02.txt) - Plantenberg and his helpers landscaped an area outside the county jail, created two Lewis and Clark gardens at Townsend schools, improved an area in front of Cecelia Hazelton Elementary School and pruned trees in Heritage Park.

In 2005, Plantenberg helped rid Townsend of one of its worst eyesores: Lake Townsend, an often-flooded area between Highway 287 and the railroad tracks on the north side of town.

People told him the project would never be completed because it involved land owned by Montana Rail Link. But with the help of local government, businesses and volunteers, the lake has been drained, rebuilt and partially landscaped.

The first phase of the project was expected to cost as much as $50,000, but the community finished it at less than $10,000, he said. Phase two, completed in 2006, was expected to reach $100,000 — but with community help came in at only $18,000.

“It’s just been incredible,” he said, and even the railroad company liked the results.

Plantenberg is working to raise funds for additional landscaping and a picnic area, with a target date of 2008. He also has plans for boulevard plantings across the highway.

http://www.helenair.com/content/articles/2007/01/29/helena_top/a01012907_02.jpg

gatewayuser
01-31-2007, 09:28 PM
This year I will be renovating and maintaining a volleyball, softball and soccer field at no cost to a local school. They are thrilled and will let me install banners at the fields.

Steve
02-01-2007, 12:21 PM
How did you get involved with that?

gatewayuser
02-01-2007, 03:15 PM
They have always been a good customer so I wanted to give something back. So I just asked.

Steve
02-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Are you going to send out any press release to draw attention to this so hopefully you get an article in the local paper?

Or will you be promoting this on your site?

Have you thought of other ways to promote it?