PDA

View Full Version : The keys to any successful marketing plan

Steve
12-08-2006, 01:12 PM
http://www.lawncaremarketingmagic.com/Images/headshot_casual.jpg
As quoted from http://www.lawncaremarketingmagic.com

Contact Chestin (support@lawncaremarketingmagic.com) if you have questions!

The keys to any successful marketing plan

Quote[/b] ]

The keys to any successful marketing plan require the following 3 pillars:

1. A powerful message
2. To the right market
3. Via the right medium

The perfect marketing message sent to the wrong market, is as good as dead in the water. In fact, a poor marketing message sent to the right market will be infinitely more successful. However, absolutely NOTHING will produce more results that the right message sent to the right market via the right market.

So, how is your marketing message? Does it set you apart from the crowd or are you getting lost in the shuffle of all the ísamenessí being put out by your competitors?

Have you carefully targeted your market or are you simply broadcasting your message like a crop duster spraying weeds? Unless youíve taken the time to truly identify your ideal prospect and put them on a list, youíre wasting precious time and money sending your message to prospects not interested in your service.

Finally, unless youíre using a marketing medium that reaches your prospect at the right time, youíre again wasting your time and money. Itís critical to reach your prospects via the mechanisms they themselves are using.

Again, without these 3 foundational elements, your marketing plan will struggle to produce the results youíre looking to achieve. Donít leave your business success to chance. Put in the time and effort necessary to create a foundation thatís certain to provide you with more business than you know what to do.

Steve
12-08-2006, 01:17 PM
This is something that I think we all find so difficult. How often do we all catch ourselves thinking, who is our customers? And then respond, everyone!

But everyone can't be our customers.

We need to narrow down who our ideal customers are.

Do you ever find yourself having this problem narrowing down who your ideal customer is?

Steve
12-08-2006, 01:22 PM
After doing a little research, I found this (http://asbdc.ualr.edu/bizfacts/8002.asp):

Quote[/b] ]The average customer is middle-aged, white-collar worker with a family income between $60,000 - $120,000. The target area should be a community that lacks teenagers. A direct mail list to teen-less homes will more clearly define your customers. It is important to realize that houses with larger lawns (4,000 - 7,000 square foot range) have cheaper costs associated with them than smaller lawns.

Would you say that is your ideal customer base?

southernslang
12-10-2006, 12:26 AM
yes i agree,my customer base fits that discription perfectly,except maybe one or two.
but thats it, i wana customer that can afford the sevice,and one that dose'nt have any teenagers anywhere in sight.
teenagers are definetly bad for biz.

Mow Right
12-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Quote[/b] (southernslang @ Dec. 10 2006,12:26)]yes i agree,my customer base fits that discription perfectly,except maybe one or two.
but thats it, i wana customer that can afford the sevice,and one that dose'nt have any teenagers anywhere in sight.
teenagers are definetly bad for biz.
I disagree..

Steve
12-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Mow Right,

What's your view of your ideal customer? How does a homeowner who has teenagers effect business?

Mow Right
12-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 10 2006,10:08)]Mow Right,

What's your view of your ideal customer? How does a homeowner who has teenagers effect business?
I just disagree that teenagers are bad for the business, although my customers vary greatly, from an orthodontic center, fixed income old people, doctors, and regular mid income people that don't have time to mow their own yards.

If I had to pick a customer, it would be a 40 yr old spinal surgeon living an fancy edition. Yes, many 40yr old's have teenagers, but mostly they are the spoiled with all their parents money you never see them anyhow.

The best thing about this customer is that they have alot of money, and you can sell practially anything to them, althought I DO NOT EVER sell them a service that they don't need.

My $.02

- Josh

Steve
12-10-2006, 06:42 PM
That's a good point.

southernslang
12-12-2006, 08:51 AM
that is a verry good point.
althoough there are some parents that make there children work for what they want.
its all personal prefrence.

Steve
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Maybe this comes down to a socio-economic factor. Would you say that teenagers in higher income areas are more or less likely to take care of their lawn vs. teenagers in lower income areas?

southernslang
12-21-2006, 11:48 AM
yea, i would agree to that.