PDA

View Full Version : A holiday good deed makes the paper

Steve
11-30-2006, 01:32 AM
Bobby Harden and Chris Dinkins got a public thank you for a good deed they performed. Have you thought of ways to get into your local paper? The holidays are a great time to do it.

Can you imagine having a collection of positive press about your company and have the news clippings available to be viewed on your website?

Good Samaritans rescue woman's overgrown yard (http://www.tribune-georgian.com/articles/2006/11/29/news/opinion/letters/2letter11.29.txt)

Dear Editor,

I'm an elderly woman who has medical problems, so I can't do things like I used to. My yard had grown up so badly that I had a hard time seeing my yard and plants from my kitchen windows. As I have always loved my yard, I called for an estimate to have the yard done, and was shocked at the price. The price was beyond my means.

So I was talking to my neighbor and friend and she told me her friend had a son who did lawn services. Sure enough, in a couple of days, two men from a local lawn care company showed up and started working. My yard looked like it would be an impossible task, but they made the work look easy and finished in record time.

I would like to thank Bobby Harden and his helper Chris Dinkins for the excellent job they did on my yard. I was pleased and would highly recommend them to anyone who needs their services. When I asked Bobby how much I owed him, he said, "No charge, ma'am, and have a happy holiday." A thank you was enough! They truly know the meaning of giving!

Barbara Polatty