PDA

View Full Version : Creative way to market a movie

Steve
11-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Here is a very creative way to market a movie. It makes you wonder if something similar could be done with an lco.

When you go to the movie website http://www.moanmovie.com/ you see an image to click to see the trailer.

When you click on it, it tells you how to make your own trailer and submit it for a chance to win something.

Do you think that is neat? Will it build buzz about the movie?

Steve
11-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Anthony, could you do something like this for your movie? Or what have you been thinking to market it?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Its an interesting attempt, but not a route we are planning on taking. The perfect trailer has a huge impact on the results of a film. There is no way I would put that in the hands of people who have never even seen it. The trailer is the hook. screw that up and its over before it began.
As an example. I just watched the new inde film by wb called rest stop. Now the trailer for this thing was great. Sucked me right into picking it up. The actual film was pathetic. I couldnt even watch it all the way through. I started doing other things, and just glancing back every now and then. Really bad film. But it will make money because of the way they marketed it in there trailer.
This film doesnt have anything special to it whatsoever, and yet the trailer says its too intense for theatres, and things too make you think that it wasnt in theatres because it was too graphic.

thats smart, having kids make your trailer, dumb.