PDA

View Full Version : Weather button for websites

justin_time
05-13-2008, 08:05 PM
I've added a weather button on my website to let my customers know what kind of weather they are having at their cottage

Here is the link to add your own button to your site

I don't know if you can get all the cities in the US but I'm sure you can

Just in Time Yard Services (http://www.jitys.ca/eng/home_eng.html)

The Weather Network Website button (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather_centre/wcwxbutton)

EatingEmoKids
05-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey Justin,

thanks for sharing this it's pretty cool. I never thought about it before and I dont use that same site that you do to check the weather. I use weather.com and I just checked and they also have a weather button thing for websites too. so thats another one people could use too. I think on the weather.com button you might be able to edit the background image for the weather.. I looked at the programming and I saw some points where it was getting the images but I dont really know java to tell whether you could make it work or not.

either way, nice find and thanks for sharing!

btw nice site :-)

justin_time
05-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Quote[/b] (EatingEmoKids @ May 13 2008,11:45)]Hey Justin,

thanks for sharing this it's pretty cool. I never thought about it before and I dont use that same site that you do to check the weather. I use weather.com and I just checked and they also have a weather button thing for websites too. so thats another one people could use too. I think on the weather.com button you might be able to edit the background image for the weather.. I looked at the programming and I saw some points where it was getting the images but I dont really know java to tell whether you could make it work or not.

either way, nice find and thanks for sharing!

btw nice site :-)
Weather.com is only for the US.

Theweathernetwork.com seems to be Canadian.

So I suggest weather.com to US and theweathernetwork.com to Canadians

Steve
05-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi Justin,

That was very creative! Is that something you will let your customers know about through your marketing?

It would be neat to see if that created an uptick in website views for you.

justin_time
05-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 14 2008,10:03)]It would be neat to see if that created an uptick in website views for you.
Maybe I will have to add the word "weather" to my Search engine optimization for that to happen.

Something to consider

Steve
05-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Good idea!