PDA

View Full Version : Web templates?

musician/lawnman
03-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I am setting up my company web site & contemplating using one of the free templates available here (probably #16). Has anyone here used these & customized them out? How did it work for you?

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Chuck

What software program do you use.

Steve
03-28-2008, 11:42 AM
I can't wait to see what you create. Yea a lot of business owners use them. I put them together so you can get yourself up and running really fast.

musician/lawnman
03-28-2008, 05:54 PM
My comp runs windows XP.

Yeah I'm looking foward to get it running.

I purchased a package from 1&1.com last night & it said I would get an email with my log in info "shortly" I called today to ask about it they said sorry about that , you'll have it within the hour. Now 6 hours later I still haven't recieved anything from them. I'm starting to belive it may have been a bad choice of web hosts..... Idunno what to think here.

ritchiem
03-28-2008, 06:02 PM
hey Chuck...what package did you get from 1and1

musician/lawnman
03-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Quote[/b] (ritchiem @ Mar. 28 2008,6:02)]hey Chuck...what package did you get from 1and1
I went with 1&1 home.... 3 mo free then $4.99 /mo.
I went with that mostly for the dynamic site creator & also the 120 Gb web space. figure I want more room since it's only a buck more month.

musician/lawnman
03-28-2008, 07:25 PM
By the way, some of us were talking about Domain names the other night on the skype cast & how they should be simple & easy for potential clients to remember....

The domain name I choose was www.charlottecountylawns.com
It's not up yet but if the service dept. at 1&1 ever get around to it, It will be soon!

About 3/4 of all my clients are in Charlotte county & the balance will still remember the name..... They are after all right next door to our county.

musician/lawnman
03-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Ok, I got all the login info & signed into the control panel, I downloaded the template I like & I have 2 propblems....
1) how do I edit the template & put my information in it?
2) How do I then upload that whole file to the site/server whatever?

HELP ME ! I am a serious website NOOB!

Steve
03-30-2008, 06:33 PM
To edit the template you will need an html editor. There are a lot of free ones online. Then you will need to ftp the files up to the server. Unless someone can think of an easier way.

justin_time
03-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 30 2008,6:33)]To edit the template you will need an html editor. There are a lot of free ones online. Then you will need to ftp the files up to the server. Unless someone can think of an easier way.
What I use is FileZilla FTP tranfer software.

It's so easy to use.. it's not even funny...

FileZilla (http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client)

If anybody has questions about FileZilla.. let me know.. I am pretty expert with it now.. I use it everyday

musician/lawnman
04-08-2008, 06:20 AM
My new web site is technically up & live though still pretty basic, A work in progress. I still need to get photos & testimonials, up change a few things around & I just noticed a spelling mistake or 2. But here's what I got so far.

www.charlottecountylawns.com

Man I really need a nicer logo for this page....

Steve
04-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I like that!

Didn't I have some sample photos in there for the photo page? Would it help you to have them there until you can take some of your own or no?