PDA

View Full Version : help

STRAW MAN
02-15-2008, 10:58 AM
how can i have a site where people can order online and maybe even pay if thats what they wanted to do hit me up your homie gabe

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-15-2008, 12:29 PM
What up, homie?

Hey, does anyone remember Homie The Clown on In Living Color? I remember him beating up some guy with his huge clown shoe. Ha.

Anyway, back to your question. Do you already have a website and a hosting provider? There are lots of options these days for ecommerce. Your host should provide you with a shopping cart. You can integrate your shopping cart with your merchant account to allow customers the ability to purchase online.

Richard is our local PHP expert so he will be able to lead you in the right direction accessing your product data base via php pages on your website.

Paypal is making great strides with shopping cart integration and merchant service. If you don't have a merchant account elsewhere, Paypal can provide you one for $30/month.

Let us know what you uncover.

Keith

Steve
02-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Gabriel,

Had contacted me and correct me if I am wrong Gabriel, but he is trying to take his family run business to the next level by getting it onto the internet with a website and as you can see he is doing more internet marketing.

Maybe Richard can help him out and get a site constructed for him.

ritchiem
02-15-2008, 08:45 PM
when I am able to post on my of i'll help out ...back on Sunday

STRAW MAN
02-17-2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif

ritchiem
02-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Hey Gabe,

What are you selling? Do you have a website now? What are you looking for in a website and / or what do you want it to be able to do?

You mention that you want a website to sell things...so you want to set up a shopping cart system? Do you want to be able to handle inventory?

Give me some more info and your ideas and we can go from there.

STRAW MAN
02-18-2008, 07:05 PM
WELL THANK YOU FOR THE HELP
WHAT IM LOOKING FOR IS A SITE THAT CAN BE LOCATED EASYLY AND WHEN THEY GET THIER THEY CAN SEE THE PRODUCT AND THAT IT CAN BE INTERACTIVE ALSO IF THEY WANTED TO BUY WITH A CRIDIT CARD THEY COULD ALSO DO THAT WHAT DO YO THINK MY PRODUCT IS PINESTRAW AND WHAT WOULD BE THE PRICE FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

ritchiem
02-18-2008, 08:12 PM
So you want to set up a website that you can sell your pinestraw from?

So you would need some type of shopping cart that would incorporate a delivery system as well?

STRAW MAN
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
sounds good but what would be the price im trying to save money

ritchiem
02-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Don't mind me...I am going to type out loud for a min here...

It is a little harder then it seems...you can purchase a shopping cart script pre-built and then try and fit into the website...it never looks right. So best off creating a custom one...and managing a backend for inventory...

Then you need a website to put it in...could use wordpress...php is good for this...however you'll have to purchase an SSL for secure transactions or nobody will ever buy from your site. And I am assuming that you want the site to have a professional look and feel? So we are talking custom templates.

Then you'll have to setup a merchant account with PayPal or one with someone else to process credit cards...then you are paying a fee on every transaction to do so.

You are looking in the ballpark of $1,000 to $1,500 to do this job. ..well if I did it at least...probably one of the lowest quotes you'll get for it. Also, would take a lot of time to complete.

And you still have to purchase a domain name and order hosting and don't forget to purchase the SSL and set that up.

You can probably get lower quotes out there...but I can't guarantee what the site will look like http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

ritchiem
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
In my opinion what you should do first is get a general website up and running. Make it look clean and professional...show off your product and put a nice contact for in there. Make sure your SEO is current and up to date so people can find you.

ritchiem
02-27-2008, 06:59 AM
Did I kill the topic by putting a price to it? STRAW MAN you should still contact me for getting a simple site up. Lets promote your product online first before you jump into becoming a merchant.

Steve
02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I think they need to get a website up too.