PDA

View Full Version : www.thelawnnews.com

ritchiem
02-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Well my latest idea has become a reality. I would like you all to check it out.

www.thelawnnews.com (http://www.thelawnnews.com)

Let me know what you think about it. It is a RSS aggro site using lawnchat.com, thelawnblog.com, and lawnandgardenwv.com rss feeds to bring you the one stop shop on all new information in the green industry.

The site is live but in beta so if anyone comes across any issues please let me know right away. You can reach me at;

Steve
02-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Richard,

I am still trying to get a grasp of this like most people are. The RSS feed thing is not something I think everyone is using yet.

How can the lawn care business owners who read this forum, benefit from such feeds?

Should they be looking to the site so they can read information? Should they be trying to connect to your rss feed to use in their website to create an updated news section or what?

ritchiem
02-26-2008, 02:34 PM
The site is really about brining good information together that is easy to find and is important to our readers. Some readers may want to see a video on how to maintain your trimmer engine, or an article about pesticides...it even brings in all of your show notes you have for gopherhaul into one place. From there they can pick and choose what they want to read and go on from there.

Almost like an online newspaper...you read what interests you and wait for more content. The site will be updating on a regular basis to where it will have multiple new posts everyday.

This is an information portal for LCO's and anyone interested in the green industry. People can add the rss feed to their sites but it would be such a mass of information that probably all posts wouldn't pertain to their specific site.

Steve
02-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Would these feeds be helpful to say manufacturers or businesses who's customers are lawn care business owners?

justin_time
02-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I want to start an similar project like this for the local newspaper in town so they can post their articles online and have viewers online.

Steve
02-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh very interesting! Have you contacted them yet about this! What would you have to do to get this done?

justin_time
02-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 26 2008,11:21)]Oh very interesting! Have you contacted them yet about this! What would you have to do to get this done?
Well since I'm gonna be putting up and add for spring in their newspaper pretty soon.. and the person of the newspaper is actually a customer of mine... I will ask her if she's interested in getting a website done

I may even start a web site business also..

Ahhhhhh got too many ideas

ritchiem
02-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Quote[/b] ]Would these feeds be helpful to say manufacturers or businesses who's customers are lawn care business owners?

For sure they would be.

Steve
02-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Richard,

What would be the best way to let others know they can get involved and use your news feeds?