PDA

View Full Version : help uploading site

FourSeasons
01-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I am need some help uploading my site. I used the tutorial that rodman posted somewhere on here. I can't find it again.
http://www.pnplawncare.com/windowsxpftp.pdf

I went thru the whole thing which was easy but now I'm stuck. I went thru the setup wizard. Now I am at the bottom on hte last page where it says:
TRANSFERRING FILES TO YOUR WEBSITE...

It won't let me copy and paste it so its at the very bottom of my tutorial.

I don't understand the directions here. I don't see where I can copy the files to upload and place them into my network directory.

ritchiem
01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
not to sure Rob...I have never used windows ftp before. You can do the same with your web browser as well. What browser do you use?

FourSeasons
01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I have internet explorer. It doesn't matter what I use. I just want to get it edited.
I paid for the whole service to be done 3 months ago and now I can't get the person to respond for help.
Its been sitting in a unprofessional manner this whole time.(my site)
So I am on my own for the most part here with no experience in this area.
Thanks

ritchiem
01-29-2008, 03:59 PM
what is your url?

FourSeasons
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
www.greenimagenw.com (http://www.greenimagenw.com)

i forgot to put it up there

ritchiem
01-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Well lets make it right! I'll step up to the plate and give you a hand. What exactly did you want done to the site.

FourSeasons
01-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Well the first thing I want done is the testimonial page fixed. Anyone that goes on there is going to think I am a joke. All the last names are the same for the people listed. Been like that for 3 months.

I do have dreamweaver. So I would like to learn how to do it myself eventually. I want to be able to post my own pictures on there, list specials, and make a referral page as well. Or edit one of the other pages to be a referral page.

Basically I just want to go on there and change things as I please. But what is listed above is what I at least want done for now. That drives me nuts.

Thanks Rich

ritchiem
01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
who is your hosting with? Are you attached to that site? Would you want something different if you could get it?

FourSeasons
01-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Quote[/b] ]who is your hosting with? Are you attached to that site? Would you want something different if you could get it?

I am hosted thru Ebuildlawncaresite.com or whatever its called. I don't know what you mean by attached to that site. But if I understand you right I already have paid for the years service. So I don't want to have to pay again to start over if its not neccesary.

ritchiem
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
oic...

can you pm me the login details for your site...I believe he uses cpanel right?

I'll have a look at it...see what I can do.

ritchiem
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
hey Rob I don't know if you use any of them but you can IM me using

MSN Messenger - ritchiem21@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger - thelawnblog
ICQ - 56602240

may be easier then waiting for posts to talk.

caseyshields
01-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Jan. 29 2008,5:28)]Quote[/b] ]who is your hosting with? *Are you attached to that site? *Would you want something different if you could get it?

I am hosted thru Ebuildlawncaresite.com or whatever its called. I don't know what you mean by attached to that site. But if I understand you right I already have paid for the years service. So I don't want to have to pay again to start over if its not neccesary.
Isn't that Rodman's server? Where is he at? Did they have their baby yet?

ritchiem
01-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Rob do you have a logo?

and do you have any pics of your work? for a portfolio page...

All Aspects Landscaping
01-30-2008, 03:43 PM
hey rob... site looks good... the only problem I see are that all the testimonials have smith as the last name...

FourSeasons
01-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks James. I just want to get some of my own personal touch on there.

Richard-
I have a logo that I customized and some pics to. Do you want them emailed?

ritchiem
01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
yes...send me an email to office@thelawnblog.com

ritchiem
01-31-2008, 11:21 AM
the site is pretty well done...got a newer contact form up...is the logo alright in the header? I put a gradient on it...do you like it? Or would you just rather a solid logo?

Getting your portfolio up in a bit.

www.greenimagenw.com (http://greenimagenw.com)

ritchiem
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
oh and I submitted your revised site to google and yahoo to get crawled.

Steve
01-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Great job! You know what I was thinking would make the site perfect? A picture of Rob on his mower on the front page welcoming the new customers http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

FourSeasons
01-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks Richard! I really appreciate you stepping in and helping me get into acceptable viewing condition. Considering the circumstances.
Thanks again Richard.

Thats a good idea Steve. I might get them out and clean them up for a picture. And put it right on the front page.

I like the header pic. Maybe we could relocate the logo?
Suggestions on a better place?

Do you guys think that the wording on my site is more directed at residential customers than commercial also?
I want it to be diredted at both sides.

Steve
02-01-2008, 08:43 AM
I think the wording was fine. It's a very good position to start with and you can always add to it. Have you been experimenting at all with how your website turns up with different search terms?

ritchiem
02-01-2008, 10:04 AM
under search terms for google.com

marysville lawn care = 4th
everett lawn care = 8th
lynwood lawn care = 3rd
Lake Stevens lawn care = 1st
Snohomish lawn care = 3rd
green image lawn = 2nd
marysville wa lawn care = 2nd

just to name some ranks...and you are climbing

FourSeasons
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Richard-
Thats great.
You have done all this so fast!
Thanks.

ritchiem
02-01-2008, 10:13 AM
it is really all about keeping it simple and clean.
But thank you http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

FourSeasons
02-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey we forgot about the Links page.

ritchiem
02-07-2008, 10:06 AM
UPDATED

Changed header image
Added thumbnail images to Portfolio page
Created and changed Portfolio title image

www.greenimagenw.com (http://greenimagenw.com)

Steve
02-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Nice Job!

FourSeasons
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks again Richard!
There is two things though-
Can we put the "Links" page back up
And on the "Home Page" it says:Expect the highest standards from Affordable Lawn Service. We are a full service landscaping company, serving the greater metropolitan area.

Can we change that to - Expect the.... from Green Image Lawn & Landscape. We are dedicated to providing you with a quality maintenance service with a proffesional attitude.
Put your landscape maitnenance needs in the hands of someone who cares.
Green Image Lawn & Landscape

How does that sound?

Thanks

ritchiem
02-08-2008, 07:45 AM
UPDATED

Created and edited template to include 'Links' page
Added proper wording to index.html

www.greenimagenw.com (http://www.greenimagenw.com)

FourSeasons
02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
I can finally my site to my cards, ads, brochures, etc. I've wanted this done for a long time.

I would recommend Richard for website building to anyone looking to get one done.
He did a great job.

FourSeasons
02-19-2008, 01:05 AM
I would like to thank Richard again for helping me with my unfinished site.

Due to Richard stepping up and finishing it; it is now complete and I got my first request for a bid on lawncare from it.

I'll be calling her tommorow.

I would definately reccomend Richard for website building. Great Service!

Steve
02-19-2008, 12:33 PM
That is awesome! Did you ask that customer how they found you on the internet?

ritchiem
02-19-2008, 12:38 PM
That is awesome Rob...glad I could help.

FourSeasons
02-20-2008, 10:09 AM
It says right on the email I got that she found me through a google and yahoo search.

I called her yesterday and got voicemail. I'm going to send her a email today and call back.

Steve
02-20-2008, 12:37 PM
That is awesome you are tracking where your customers are finding you.

ritchiem
02-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Hey Rob any news on the leads you got from your website? Did you see the jobs? Would be neat to see what type of clients would contact you via the site.

FourSeasons
02-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Quote[/b] ]Hey Rob any news on the leads you got from your website? Did you see the jobs? Would be neat to see what type of clients would contact you via the site.

I never got a response from the first lady. The guy that wants to sub contract to me I havent decided yet if I want the jobs. The price is really close to what I would charge but one of them is kind of not to far but just kind of in a weird location of any route that I have. So I guess out of the way.
Anyways we'll see how it goes.
Good so far. 2 responses from my site is good to me though.