PDA

View Full Version : SEO Gold Tip

ritchiem
02-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Address information

Search engines also use postal addresses in the "about" or "contact " page to detect your default country. If you have a Google Map of your business location on your contact page, it can also help with Google Local or regional rankings. Even though the address element technically means "contact info for this Web page", if you use an address element on your website, like the example below, Google will interpret it as a physical address.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
<address>
Business Name
Street Name
City Name
Zip code
Country Name
</address>
[/QUOTE]

What will this do, or how can it help me?

Well most of us don't want global business or to be listed in Germany's Google. We want the lady 2 blocks away to find us. Anything that can help you rise in the rankings for local searches is what you need.

Little's
02-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Great Tip, Thanks!

makbootzy
02-21-2008, 12:36 PM
so would my site show up automatically in all search engines or do I pay?

ritchiem
02-21-2008, 02:14 PM
I can't say it applies for all major search engines...I do know it works for google.com.

This is free advice on how to put address tags around your contact info, to strengthen your local searches.

Steve
02-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Richard,

This is great! So ultimately this will help if someone looks for lawn care and then a specific town?

How do you think this would compare to having your town name in your web page title?

ritchiem
02-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Well now it doesn't replace any other forms of SEO just helps point google to your contact info easier.

Steve
02-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention! I hope other lawn care business owners take advantage of this knowledge.

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Richard:

Before your post, I was unfamiliar with the Address tag.

Thanks for the info:

Keith

ritchiem
02-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Quote[/b] ]Richard:

Before your post, I was unfamiliar with the Address tag.

Thanks for the info:

Keith

No problem Keith...and before I read it so was I. It is amazing what we can learn each day.