PDA

View Full Version : Online newsletter system

justin_time
01-11-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm in the process of creating an online newsletter system where customers would sign up to my monthly newsletter and they can unsubscribe at any time...

I would send them newsletters about tips and things like that.. what's going on with my business and things like that.

What do you guys think ? Is it a good idea ?

pmblair
01-11-2008, 02:04 AM
I think that's a great idea!! You could even send out an email every 2-3 months to everyone on your email list that's local to you and remind them about your newsletter... attach a coupon or something... really get them interested...

I've been thinking about doing this myself... Where did you find out how to encorporate a newsletter system into your website?

justin_time
01-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Jan. 11 2008,3:04)]I think that's a great idea!! *You could even send out an email every 2-3 months to everyone on your email list that's local to you and remind them about your newsletter... attach a coupon or something... really get them interested...

I've been thinking about doing this myself... *Where did you find out how to encorporate a newsletter system into your website?
I'm basically a web programmor so I'm gonna create my own. Hopefully I can get it working pretty soon

pmblair
01-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Nice!! Hey, send me an email... I have a business proposition for you.

pmblair@blairprod.com

JMM0254
01-11-2008, 11:53 AM
I use a program/service already put together very nicely. At $10.00 per month and all the options it has, for me has been a great system. You can Easily Create, Send, and Track Email Newsletters, Surveys, and RSS Feeds!

http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186
There's a free trial also.

Steve
01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
I was thinking something like this could also be great to advertise and get referrals. Offer the $25 TGIFridays gift certificate if you get a neighbor to sign up for lawn care service.

Is there anything I can see Justin? I'd like to talk about this on the GopherHaul show and it could bring you business if you want to sell this code or service.

pmblair
01-11-2008, 03:07 PM
I did some research on the 'net and found a free open source script for newsletters... I'm getting it set-up on my site now... may not be done till Monday night (I'll be leaving in a couple of hours for the weekend).

I'll let you all know how it goes when it's finished.

poMMo - http://pommo.org/ (http://pommo.org/)

justin_time
01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 11 2008,2:16)]I was thinking something like this could also be great to advertise and get referrals. Offer the $25 TGIFridays gift certificate if you get a neighbor to sign up for lawn care service.

Is there anything I can see Justin? I'd like to talk about this on the GopherHaul show and it could bring you business if you want to sell this code or service.
We don't have those TGIF's restaurants. I've seen the commericals on the TV but we don't have those over here.

I'm sure I can get a 25$ gift certificate at Home Depot. That would be cool.

Well there's nothing to see yet. I'm still working on it

FourSeasons
01-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I get newsletters from my insurance company. I started to read part of one and ended up deleting it. All I remember is that it said there will be one next month.
And I thought great now I gotta delete one of these every month.

Maybe a lawn care newsletter my be different. I also get other newsletters everymonth from other sources and I never end up reading.
I even get newsletters every week from a lawn care marketing magic that I'd signed up to pay for and I never read those either. and those are ones I pay for.
In the LCMM winners circle or whatever they have a sample newletter you can use. You don't even have to write one.
They are just kind of annoying to me and a couple of others I know.

Well just my 2cents on newsletters.

Steve
01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Quote[/b] ]I even get newsletters every week from a lawn care marketing magic that I'd signed up to pay for and I never read those either. and those are ones I pay for.
In the LCMM winners circle or whatever they have a sample newletter you can use. You don't even have to write one.

Rob,

What's your view on why you don't read them? Can you give me a little insight on this?

FourSeasons
01-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Quote[/b] ]Quote *
I even get newsletters every week from a lawn care marketing magic that I'd signed up to pay for and I never read those either. and those are ones I pay for.
In the LCMM winners circle or whatever they have a sample newletter you can use. You *don't even have to write one.

Rob,

What's your view on why you don't read them? Can you give me a little insight on this?

I used to read them and go on the site and there wasn't to much there because he was still working on the site. It was like this for about a month.
Now every time it comes I just put it in a folder to get it out of the way. Thinking I'll go back to it later when I have more time. But that never seems to be the case. I don't want to cancel it though. Sounds kind of stupid on my part but I plan on utilizing his site.

These are a little different than the kind that the guys on here are sending out. Because I pay for it.
I'm not the type of person that wants a bunch of extras like newsletters and courtesy calls from businesses to see how I am doing. If I want to talk to you I'll call you. Unless I'm at Home Depot where they you can't seem to get help no matter what you do.
thats just me though.

Steve
01-12-2008, 05:49 AM
I think that is pretty fascinating.

It really makes me wonder if it is just difficult most of the time to digest all these marketing discussions or is it just that we are usually way to busy in our lives to read newsletters.

Any thoughts on that?

FourSeasons
01-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Quote[/b] ]It really makes me wonder if it is just difficult most of the time to digest all these marketing discussions or is it just that we are usually way to busy in our lives to read newsletters.

Any thoughts on that?
I think its both. And being lazy to sometimes.
I think sometimes busy is just an excuse.
We all say well I was so busy or I'm to busy.
Are we always really that busy?
Or sometimes when we get free time we just want to do nothing? So we just always say how busy we are.

Steve
01-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Sometimes I wonder too if we can only digest so much information and then we go into overload and can't digest anymore.

FourSeasons
01-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah i think so. Even on the forum sometimes I find myself having to go back and read things that I already read a couple weeks before. Because I'll have a question and then remember hey they were talking about this on the forum. But I wont remember what I read.