PDA

View Full Version : using templates

sharpblades
12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I allready have a website that I used a gopher template in, but I would like to use a different template and redo my site over the winter.

I am using Web Easy Professional 6 for my editing of the template, my problem is this:

When I import the template into the editor I loose about 75% of the pictures, the buttons don't import right, and I basically have to piece it back together... lining up all the buttons on every page can be a major hastle, along with having to redo all the links.

Am I doing something wrong when importing the template, or is it just bad software?

Here is my current siteMy Webpage (http://www.sharpbladeslc.com)

Thank you in advance for the help http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif

FourSeasons
12-16-2007, 10:13 PM
you spelled registered wrong on your front page,

Steve
12-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Hi Josh,

I just checked out your site and it is up. Can you tell me what you are having problems with?

It seems like you might be missing an image of green above your navigation buttons.

But is there more I am missing of have you fixed it?

sharpblades
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
The page I have up now is one that I did last winter... I want to re do it with a different template.

the problem is that when I import the template into the program to edit it it does not bring all of the pics or buttons in, so I am left having to piece everything back together.

Is there a different kind format that I can try importing the template with? The program can import .ALB, .WEB, and .TPL templates, but seems to have problems with the gopher templates.

Steve
12-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Josh,

The templates I have online are zipped. So you want to unzip them first and then you want to open the pages up as html pages.

Maybe you could make a test folder on your website and show us what you are working on.

Does this help?

pnplawn
12-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Quote[/b] (sharpblades @ Dec. 17 2007,11:06)]The page I have up now is one that I did last winter... I want to re do it with a different template.

the problem is that when I import the template into the program to edit it it does not bring all of the pics or buttons in, so I am left having to piece everything back together.

Is there a different kind format that I can try importing the template with? The program can import .ALB, .WEB, and .TPL templates, but seems to have problems with the gopher templates.
maybe just callme Ill fix it. 863-873-4897