PDA

View Full Version : Tara's new website

Steve
12-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Here is Tara's new website after she changed her business name.

http://www.greenpawslawncare.com/

Another idea I was thinking she could do to work more closely with animals is to possibly adopt a dog and help it recover from a problem and then show different pictures of the dog getting better on her site. She could then promote this dog as available for adoption in her marketing material as well.

What are some of your thoughts?

AMW Graphics
12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Looks nice!

clarklandscaping
12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Lookin' good!!

pnplawn
12-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Just my opinion might not mean much. But as you all know I tell what I see. Site is great but I think the front page is to busy! need thin out a litttle. Music has to go ,what does that have to do with lawn care?

why not put the slide show on your before and after page. Imn ot trying say bad things , Just its was to busy on the index page ( front page).

Rodman
pnp

Little's
12-02-2007, 12:19 AM
I like it very much. I dont think it is too busy. It has a lot of info on the front page, but it is spaced out enough to make it work. Makes me want to work on mine. Thanks for sharing.

Steve
12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I know very little about search engine optimization, but it does appear to me that websites with more content on their main page seem to get ranked better, especially if they use their key words in the web site text.

Maybe all of that content will help her get higher search engine rankings.

tjgray
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Lol, Steve I didn't know you had posted this here...

We officially haven't launched with the new name yet and I haven't told very many folks about the new site...

I actually am quite pleased...This is what our site used to look like The Other Side Lawn Company (http://www.theothersidelawncompany.com)

I think the new one looks a ton better http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I suppose it is a bit busy, but I always say busy is good! *Not sure how it is coming up in the search engines yet as I have done nothing with that...really I only put it up maybe less then a week ago...

The music has nothing to do with doing lawns or saving animals. *The music is there because it makes me happy and gets me to dancing http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Thanks everyone for your compliments and your feedback. *I really appreciate it!!

Funny story...I got a call yesterday from one of our basset friends that wants to hire us to do some work. *I answered the phone "The Other Side" and he was like "Uhhhh, is this Green Paws" lol

I think it is a good sign that the name is getting out there before we even launch it http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Heck if everyone of Hami Bones's *my hound dog* friends would hire us to do their lawns we would be busier than ever!! *He has more friends then we do http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Oh and Steve we already have three dogs, two of them are rescues but if I could save them all I would...

Steve
12-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Quote[/b] ]Lol, Steve I didn't know you had posted this here...

We officially haven't launched with the new name yet and I haven't told very many folks about the new site...

Oh I am sorry! I was just so excited about it all I wanted to get the news out! Next time I will check to make sure http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh and Steve we already have three dogs, two of them are rescues but if I could save them all I would..

You know that would make for a great article in your news section. Where you could keep people updated on the dog's conditions!

Quote[/b] ]The music has nothing to do with doing lawns or saving animals. The music is there because it makes me happy and gets me to dancing

This is one of the things I like about your site. It has a lot of personal flair to it. It makes your site and your business unique! What can we look forwards to next from you?

justin_time
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Question for Tara

How did ya get that custom Paypal button for your business ?

I've asked around on sites and I've searched Paypal but I can't seem to find how you get that

Get to me if you can, you can e-mail me that would be better

Thanks

pnplawn
12-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Dec. 05 2007,7:06)]Question for Tara

I've asked around on sites and I've searched Paypal but I can't seem to find how you get that

Thanks
do you have a account with paypal? That is just standard paypal button.

tjgray
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Dec. 05 2007,6:06)]Question for Tara

Thanks
Email sent http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Hope it helps!!

Steve
12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Tara,

Any info you could post on here would be helpful to those readers curious about this too!

Thanks!

justin_time
12-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Dec. 05 2007,7:20)]Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Dec. 05 2007,7:06)]Question for Tara

Thanks
do you have a account with paypal? That is just standard paypal button.
Yeah I do.. I just figured it out... for some reason Paypal ain't clear on how to create a button but in fact it's pretty easy.

I was trying to fill out the information when I didn't need too at all that's why I have having problems.

Steve
12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Justin is there a webpage you can show us what you did?

justin_time
12-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Ok here is the instruction to create a Paypal button

1st of all visit Paypal (http://www.paypal.com)

2nd of all you need a business account and get all certified and all that

3rd - Login to your account

4th step - Click on Merchant Services

5th step - Scroll down to PayPal Website Payments Standard

6th step - Click on Add Buy Now Button

7th step - If you run a service, your form is blank (you can change the look of your button but otherwise you are done)

If you do not have a service.. let's say your selling something well then you can add your info unless you sell lawn packages for example and you can write Package #1 otherwise you don't need to write anything

Final step - click on Create button now.. now copy your code into your html and upload that to your site and your done

Steve
12-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Thank you Justin.

There was a discussion in another post about the hidden fees with paypal. Can you tell us if their fees have negatively effected you? Have you found hiddent fees yet with this service?

justin_time
12-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,8:20)]Thank you Justin.

There was a discussion in another post about the hidden fees with paypal. Can you tell us if their fees have negatively effected you? Have you found hiddent fees yet with this service?
When i was on the PayPal Website Payments Standard

I clicked on Learn more

Then it gave me this

Pricing

* No monthly fees
* No set-up fees
* No cancellation fees

<a href="https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-standard-pricing" target="_blank">Paypal
fees</a>

1.9% to 2.9% + $0.55 CAD

Steve
12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
The % doesn't seem to be out of the norm for other credit card processing!

Now it makes me wonder if you should start thinking of products you could sell through your website and take orders with paypal! Then your site could be making money all year round!

Have you thought of anything like that?

justin_time
12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm always trying to think of new ideas how to differentiate myself from other lawn care companies out there even if I'm the only one in my region offering these services

tjgray
12-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,6:32)]Tara,

Any info you could post on here would be helpful to those readers curious about this too!

Thanks!
Here is the link that I sent to Justin https://www.paypal.com/newlogobuttons

But I kind of wished I had not of looked....

I saw the button with all the credit cards listed and like it way better than the button I currently have but darned if I can remember how I linked our account to the picture when I first set it up http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Steve you wanted to know whats next...man I tell ya if I can just get everything I have going on now accomplished. It's the holidays ya know so that means Christmas cards need to be got out for customers, family and friends *thats a list of over 100...and I write a personal message in each one*. then of course there is Christmas shopping *I have barely started*, parties to plan, the tree to put up *we haven't yet*, the annual Christmas email/letter to write...

I also have to figure out how to link our old website to the new one and upload a we have moved page, write my annual New Years letter to all our customers *this year the big news of course is the name change*, I have to switch our insurance over still, and *sighs* do I have a ton of places on the internet such as lawn forums, angie's list, paypal, yellowpages.com, nofireants.com, etc. etc that I need to go and update with the new name...

I need to re-design *and print more of* the business cards, truck signs, letter head, mailing lables, invoices, contracts, service notices, lawn signs, and all current marketing materials....I am probably forgetting something I am sure http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

We still need to file a DBA, open up the new accounts, and we want to go ahead and incorporate *I don't want to get another 4 years down the road and find out there is another company doing business as Green Paws Landscaping and not have any legal standing to make them cease and desist*

Plus it's that time of the year when the CEU's need to be taken *why do we always put this off to the end of the year*, and our applicators licenses renewed. this year we will have to update TDA with our new name info. as well.

The really great thing happening is that the guys are still working pretty much 4 days a week on lawns *well good and bad because that means all the other stuff falls on me:D*

Last December we didn't do not one lawn. By then we were trying to stay busy on our ol standby cable installation...

This year we are starting to do some cable installation *gotta keep food on the table* but we are doing less and less http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Anyways if we can get the above accomplished by mid January then I might have just a tiny bit of time before spring marketing begins...and then maybe I can focus on some new stuff http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

tjgray
12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Dec. 05 2007,7:16)]Ok here is the instruction to create a Paypal button

1st of all visit Paypal (http://www.paypal.com)

2nd of all you need a business account and get all certified and all that

3rd - Login to your account

4th step - Click on Merchant Services

5th step - Scroll down to PayPal Website Payments Standard

6th step - Click on Add Buy Now Button

7th step - If you run a service, your form is blank (you can change the look of your button but otherwise you are done)

If you do not have a service.. let's say your selling something well then you can add your info unless you sell lawn packages for example and you can write Package #1 otherwise you don't need to write anything

Final step - click on Create button now.. now copy your code into your html and upload that to your site and your done
Thanks Justin http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

tjgray
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,7:25)]The % doesn't seem to be out of the norm for other credit card processing!

Now it makes me wonder if you should start thinking of products you could sell through your website and take orders with paypal! Then your site could be making money all year round!

The fees are not all that high at all and I have never experienced any hidden fees...

Really I don't have a problem with paypal taking a few bucks with each payment. *It beats the heck out of waiting for a customer to remember to put the check in the mail which may take a reminder or two.

Most of my customers I email their invoice to them so it is real easy to just click the link for our website and click on the paypal button to pay us...although while I was writing this I thought that maybe I should include the paypal link in my email???

I have used it here myself a few times to make donations and here recently to pay for my web domains and hosting *godaddy.com accepts paypal*

And again yes you can sell products through your website. *In the future I do plan on selling t-shirts with the logo *I already have about 10 sold when I do them* and I probably will use paypal as a method of payment.

justin_time
12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Quote[/b] (tjgray @ Dec. 05 2007,9:13)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,7:25)]The % doesn't seem to be out of the norm for other credit card processing!

The fees are not all that high at all and I have never experienced any hidden fees...

Really I don't have a problem with paypal taking a few bucks with each payment. It beats the heck out of waiting for a customer to remember to put the check in the mail which may take a reminder or two.

Most of my customers I email their invoice to them so it is real easy to just click the link for our website and click on the paypal button to pay us...although while I was writing this I thought that maybe I should include the paypal link in my email???

I have used it here myself a few times to make donations and here recently to pay for my web domains and hosting *godaddy.com accepts paypal*

And again yes you can sell products through your website. In the future I do plan on selling t-shirts with the logo *I already have about 10 sold when I do them* and I probably will use paypal as a method of payment.
Speaking of adding an paypal link in your e-mail..

Well Paypal.. has that option..

Go to the merchant then scroll down to PayPal Email Payments

And all you have to do is click on Payment Request Wizard for Outlook

and then you have to install the software depending on if your using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express (their not the same.. don't get confused)

They have a same fee if you use the paypal button.. it just creates a button in your e-mail message and all the customer does have to do is click on it and it brings them to paypal

tjgray
12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Dec. 05 2007,8:38)]Quote[/b] (tjgray @ Dec. 05 2007,9:13)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,7:25)]The % doesn't seem to be out of the norm for other credit card processing!

Really I don't have a problem with paypal taking a few bucks with each payment. *It beats the heck out of waiting for a customer to remember to put the check in the mail which may take a reminder or two.

And again yes you can sell products through your website. *In the future I do plan on selling t-shirts with the logo *I already have about 10 sold when I do them* and I probably will use paypal as a method of payment.

and then you have to install the software depending on if your using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express (their not the same.. don't get confused)

They have a same fee if you use the paypal button.. it just creates a button in your e-mail message and all the customer does have to do is click on it and it brings them to paypal
Have I told you here lately that you are the best http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

justin_time
12-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Quote[/b] (tjgray @ Dec. 05 2007,9:58)]Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Dec. 05 2007,8:38)]Quote[/b] (tjgray @ Dec. 05 2007,9:13)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,7:25)]The % doesn't seem to be out of the norm for other credit card processing!

Really I don't have a problem with paypal taking a few bucks with each payment. It beats the heck out of waiting for a customer to remember to put the check in the mail which may take a reminder or two.

And again yes you can sell products through your website. In the future I do plan on selling t-shirts with the logo *I already have about 10 sold when I do them* and I probably will use paypal as a method of payment.

Have I told you here lately that you are the best http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Not my fault I'm young and I graduated in Web Design and I'm about to graduate in Business management

Steve
12-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow that certainly is a lot! At least you won't be bored right! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I was talking to another guy not too long ago and he had gotten into satellite installation after his lawn care business and he said it just exploded for him and got huge.

I don't know how the business is now but it pays to explore!

tjgray
12-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,9:41)]Wow that certainly is a lot! At least you won't be bored right! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I was talking to another guy not too long ago and he had gotten into satellite installation after his lawn care business and he said it just exploded for him and got huge.

Busy is good right...or so I keep telling myself http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Of course with friends like ya'll things go a little quicker...Justin has already saved me a ton of time by writing the code to re-direct our old website and helping me upload and re-size my paypal button...all in about 10 minutes lol

Two task down a hundred to go http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

justin_time
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Quote[/b] (tjgray @ Dec. 05 2007,11:11)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,9:41)]Wow that certainly is a lot! At least you won't be bored right! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Busy is good right...or so I keep telling myself http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Of course with friends like ya'll things go a little quicker...Justin has already saved me a ton of time by writing the code to re-direct our old website and helping me upload and re-size my paypal button...all in about 10 minutes lol

Two task down a hundred to go http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Ain't it 2 tasks down 98 to go ?

I'm happy I can help out

If anybody needs web help.

I'm ready to offer my Web services

Steve
12-06-2007, 03:35 AM
Thanks Justin!

So much great information goes through this site.

Justin if you have thoughts you could share as you work on web projects, please post some of what you did in the web discussion area because I bet that many people are having a similar tough time figuring it out and they would be greatful to see what you did.