PDA

View Full Version : Should LCOs use adsense?

Steve
11-16-2007, 04:46 PM
As I play around with this Google AdSense concept more I am wondering, do you think lawn care business owners should have these ads on their site as well? Would it be worthwhile?

FourSeasons
11-16-2007, 10:00 PM
If the adsense ads are related to your site then other lawncare ads are going to be showing up for customers to go to.
Unless there is a way to change the keywords to something else or whatever you guys do.
I don't have any idea how it works.

Steve
11-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Good point. I was thinking maybe it would be possible to have ads on it for consumer lawn care products but I am not sure how that would be done yet.

FourSeasons
11-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Quote[/b] ]I was thinking maybe it would be possible to have ads on it for consumer lawn care products

Even then we want our customers do buy most lawn care products thru us if possible and have us put it on or apply it. Whatever the case may be.

Steve
11-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Well just as a creative experiment, can you think of any products that you would potentially want ads on your website for?

FourSeasons
11-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Allergy Symptom Relief lol

Steve
11-17-2007, 03:17 PM
LOL thats the same stuff that keeps popping up here Ack!

pmblair
11-18-2007, 01:42 AM
I've got some Adsense on my homepage.... check it out and tell me what you think...

Green & Clean (http://www.greenandcleanga.com/)

FourSeasons
11-18-2007, 01:45 AM
I saw it when I was on there looking at your video. Good job on the video.
Anyways it was advertising other landscapers/lawncare companies.
Is that something you really want on your site?

Steve
11-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Hi Patrick,

Your site is looking awesome.

We really should brainstorm to try and figure out what products would be ideal to advertise on a lawn care business website so the keywords could be customized.

So for instance I am thinking outdoor light fixtures, outdoor home decoration products, maybe pet products? landscape stone products?

Can you think of more?

pmblair
11-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Nov. 17 2007,8:45)]I saw it when I was on there looking at your video. Good job on the video.
Anyways it was advertising other landscapers/lawncare companies.
Is that something you really want on your site?
Meh.... it doesn't bother me... and here's why: Those companies are not in my service area. I figure people want to talk to someone local over someone that's 50 miles away.

Quote[/b] ]Your site is looking awesome.

We really should brainstorm to try and figure out what products would be ideal to advertise on a lawn care business website so the keywords could be customized.

So for instance I am thinking outdoor light fixtures, outdoor home decoration products, maybe pet products? landscape stone products?

Can you think of more?

Thanks for the compliment, Steve!!

I think (along with what you said), outdoor sporting equipment, outdoor kids toys (like swing sets and such), and maybe even mowers and lawn care products... ya gotta figure that some people will come to an LCOs website for tips and ideas... not planning to actually hire them... and when they see those ads, they might click them... then you can make money whereas you normally would have only had someone looking at your site.

Your thoughts?

Steve
11-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Yea, see what I am thinking is what if you had different pages on your site for things like outdoor lighting, custom playgrounds you could install, retaining walls. Anything that the customer may want to read more on and then if they see a google ad for it, they might click on it to read more from the manufacturer. It could be a good thing!