PDA

View Full Version : Google Adsense

Steve
11-15-2007, 05:35 PM
I was just playing around with different colors for the adsense area.

Do you have any thoughts as to what works best? Is it better to have something that blends in with the page or something that stand out?

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Steve:

I have a suggestion concerning your adsense campaign.

In the same cell as your adsense code, add a sentence of text with keywords you want to target both above and below your adsense code. Make it a legitimate sentence so it doesn't look like you are keyword stuffing.

This might pull your adds into a more relevant direction.

Keith

Steve
11-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Thats a good idea! I just tried it. LOL I still get ads for 'mother russia icons.' What the heck! HAHAHAH

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Quote[/b] ]I still get ads for 'mother russia icons.

I disagree...I just refreshed and I'm seeing 100% lawn related ads except for display ads. Try going to all text bases ads.

Steve
11-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Ok I will try that now too http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Thanks

FourSeasons
11-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Wow the adsense or adwords whatever its called must be getting popular all over. I was looking around trying to learn about it and there are all kinds of sites to help you with your adwords or sell you some help.
For example http://www.1-fourboxes.com/
I think its interesting how you can get these up on your site and get paid for doing almost nothing if you do it right.

pnplawn
11-16-2007, 12:38 AM
I put them on few my sites the other day already made $6.00 I know that dont sound like much but after a year? I think it may add up.

Steve
11-16-2007, 07:02 AM
The thing I wonder is, do the ads change faster based on your webpage key words than your search results?

If so, having the ads can help you find the target key words you need on your site to appear higher in search engines?

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Quote[/b] ]The thing I wonder is, do the ads change faster based on your webpage key words than your search results?

If so, having the ads can help you find the target key words you need on your site to appear higher in search engines?

My understanding is that it is completely page determinant. If you changed the content of your site to descriptions of (let's say) cereal spoons, you would quickly (almost immediately) find cereal spoon ads appear. However, your search ranking would continue to be influenced by lawn care related criteria.

I've been in the adsense / adword program for about 4 years and some points are still somewhat cryptic to me.

Steve, I just took a quick look at your source code to attempt to understand why you still get occasional "russian icon" ads. Have you ever thought about reworking your meta tags? I think it would pay you to do that.

Keith

Steve
11-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Quote[/b] ]Have you ever thought about reworking your meta tags? As with everything this site is a work in progress LOL

What would you suggest?

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey sorry, Steve. I totally wasn't meaning to sound critical.

Here are a few suggestions:

Keywords: Reduce the total number of iterations of "lawn" "care" & "business" because it looks like too high density (keyword stuffy) of these words. Move "lawn" & "care" toward the beginning of your keyword list.

Description: Reduce the volume to about 60 characters and make more concise.

Title: Remove "Gopher Graphics" from the very beginning. It's also a bit wordy. Title should be just one short line.

The source I'm looking at comes from one of the ikon message board pages. Other's may vary but I haven't looked at those.

This is just opinion.

Keith

Steve
11-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Thank you very much Keith!

I just changed it !