PDA

View Full Version : SEO and Inlinks

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
This part of the forum is great. *I am impressed with the work Rodman is doing.

Inlinks are hugely important to SEO. *An inlink is a link from a different website that hyperlinks to your website. *There are lots of things to consider when getting inlinks and I have done a ton of reading lately. *For instance, Google is very strict about links being relevant to your website. *Google does not reward link farms and irrelevant links.

Since we are all LCO's here, I thought I would try something. *I have (JUST) started a new website which will let you add your business information. * I am going to let you add your business name, contact information, and a short paragraph about your business. *In exchange, I'm asking you to add a link to my website on your lawn care business website. *This way, we're helping each other out.

Go to this website: * LawnCareCompanies.com (http://www.LawnCareCompanies.com) *It is just a starting page for now. *There is a link to an information page. *Follow the directions and I will get your information added.

In return, I would greatly appreciate if you would add a link on your website to my website. *Directions are included on that page.

I will work on it during some down time this weekend to give a more professional appearance.

Thanks, I think this will really help everyone's search engine rankings.

Keith

LawnCareCompanies.com (http://www.LawnCareCompanies.com)

pmblair
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm game! Email sent!

pmblair
11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I have another idea, too... maybe Rodman can help us out with this...

In an online store program called osCommerce, they have a rotating banner at the bottom. You put the banners in a certain location in the directories, and when someone views your online store, it rotates the banners out randomly.

Here's my idea... if Rodman or someone who can program that would do it, we could all submit banners the SAME size to you as well, Keith... then, all of us who took place in it could receive a code to be placed on our websites that will rotate the banners. These could also be placed on our MySpace pages and anywhere we want to put them. Maybe Steve would even put one up on here somewhere. Then, when a new banner is added, it automatically gets added onto the end of the queue of banners and goes into the rotation.

Sound like something we could work out? ....I'd be willing to help with the banners...

ABurlison
11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
I've been searching lately on SEO companies that Guarantee top 10 in Search Results, and the price is outrageous, $800 or more. Have any of you used such a company with these guaranteed results? If so, who have you used and are you happy with the results? I know there's so many factors that play a key ingredient in these search results, but there's gotta be a more affordable way to acheive the same results, is there?

Thanks,

ANDY http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif

pmblair
11-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Talk to Rodman.... he'll get you to the top...

pnplawn
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Keith was thinking maybe I could build you something so someone can can fill out forum and it auto write to a page, Then you will not have to get mails update the html all the time. Ill need to know few things though, what kinda server are you hosting on? asp. unix ? does it have mod write rewrite on it and what version of php and mysql is installed....

PS how is this site being hosted? As addon domain ? I see problem right off, Is this site being redirected to a folder ? I noticed this link

When google bots search your website thats going to be problem...
Rodman

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
I was just thinking about that...was in the initial stages of drawing out the database logic. I'm rusty on it though and welcome the help.

I'll get the info you need from my host and email it to you.

Thx:

Keith

pnplawn
11-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Nov. 12 2007,10:37)]I was just thinking about that...was in the initial stages of drawing out the database logic. I'm rusty on it though and welcome the help.

I'll get the info you need from my host and email it to you.

Thx:

Keith
Are you going to use this site for a lawn care directory service

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Yes, a directory service so customers who are looking for a lawn care company in their area can search for an LCO.

This will give anyone who is listed in the directory double coverage...their website and the directory.

I'm not sure the best way to handle the search. I think search by zip code is too restrictive but search by state seems too broad. What about search by county?

pnplawn
11-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Nov. 12 2007,11:48)]Yes, a directory service so customers who are looking for a lawn care company in their area can search for an LCO.

This will give anyone who is listed in the directory double coverage...their website and the directory.

I'm not sure the best way to handle the search. I think search by zip code is too restrictive but search by state seems too broad. What about search by county?
I built this site last month to promote this winter once things slow down. Go take a look at it tell me what you think. It maybe what your looking for..

Directory Service (http://www.highlandsdirectorys.com)

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-13-2007, 12:20 AM
That looks great. I'll make the search feature more prominent and rearrange a few boxes but those are just cosmetic items.

The main thing I need help with is the database engine and the search proceedure.

Did you use Joomla on that? I noodled around with Joomla about a year ago but I didn't dig too deep with it.

Appreciate the help:

Keith

pnplawn
11-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Nov. 13 2007,12:20)]That looks great. I'll make the search feature more prominent and rearrange a few boxes but those are just cosmetic items.

The main thing I need help with is the database engine and the search proceedure.

Did you use Joomla on that? I noodled around with Joomla about a year ago but I didn't dig too deep with it.

Appreciate the help:

Keith

You want something like this ?

pnplawn
11-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Here check this out.

http://www.xoops.org/

XOOPS is an extensible, OO (Object Oriented), easy to use dynamic web content management system written in PHP. XOOPS is the ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community websites, intra company portals, corporate portals, weblogs and much more. Read the All about XOOPS page for more details.

Check Out This Site Tell Me What You Think!

http://www.spunby.com/search/p_lawn.html

Steve
11-15-2007, 07:04 AM
If you are going to have a collection of lawn care operators, why not also have a list of vendors who sell to them and then have monthly newsletters of specials from the vendors to the lcos.

You could then potentially generate income from vendors by sending out a monthly mailer to the lcos who take part.

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Quote[/b] ]You could then potentially generate income from vendors by sending out a monthly mailer to the lcos who take part.

That's a good idea.

I want to make it free for individual LCO's as a free, quality link exchange / advertising scenario.

Quality, relevant link exchange will help everyone's search engine ranking.

Keith

pnplawn
11-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Nov. 15 2007,1:33)]Quote[/b] ]You could then potentially generate income from vendors by sending out a monthly mailer to the lcos who take part.

That's a good idea.

I want to make it free for individual LCO's as a free, quality link exchange / advertising scenario.

Quality, relevant link exchange will help everyone's search engine ranking.

Keith
Looking for some software for you in you need me to help you i will.