PDA

View Full Version : Google adwords

Steve
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I just was experimenting with google ad words.

Have you ever used them on your site? What did you think of them?

pnplawn
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 13 2007,5:54)]I just was experimenting with google ad words.

Have you ever used them on your site? What did you think of them?
Steve I wanted to talk to you on the phone. Did you get my pn about this ?

Steve
11-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Quote[/b] ]Steve I wanted to talk to you on the phone. Did you get my pn about this ?
Yes got it, I will call.

As I play around with this google ad words more WOW something is out of whack hahahaha the ads that appear are totally unrelated. Something is wrong.

Steve
11-14-2007, 11:05 AM
As I was reading more, the ad words are based on keywords read from the webpage by google. So it looks like the more key words used, the better a chance a similar ad will appear on your page.

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey Steve:

I've used Adword and Adsense quite a bit.

When you host them on your site, like you've done, it's called adsense. Adwords are what you pay for on the google engine. Minor syntax difference.

It normally takes adsense a short while to adjust to your site. You will gradually notice lawn care ads creep in then it will be nothing but relevant ads.

Read up on "Adsense Arbitrage." It's a method of fine tuning your adwords account to bring in higher paying adsense advertisers. It's a pretty fascinating idea. I think you will like it.

Take their TOS seriously. When I first set them up on a site, I clicked the ads myself just to make sure everything worked out alright. You're not supposed to do that. Also, you cannot ask anyone to click your ads. Also be careful about making references to the ads on your site. Google reps will check this and they can pull your account if you violate TOS.

It's pretty cool too getting a monthly check in the mail and seeing how many people have clicked on the ads.

Keith

Steve
11-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Thank you for the insight! A lot of times these ads are just way off the mark that I am thinking I must not have enough key words on the forum to help direct their software to produce more targeted ads.