PDA

View Full Version : quick question

jiggarule69
11-09-2007, 02:36 PM
i downloaded on of the web templates off of here and i was wondering how do you set them up

Steve
11-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, first you will have to unzip it and then you will need a way to edit the html.

Do you have a web domain yet? Can you ftp the web files up to your site? Then we can see where you are at with things

jiggarule69
11-09-2007, 05:17 PM
well yes i do have a domain name i baught one through homestead but i canceld my membership there cuz i was unhappy with the whole setup there so how do i go about getting the domain from them

pnplawn
11-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Quote[/b] (jiggarule69 @ Nov. 09 2007,5:17)]well yes i do have a domain name i baught one through homestead but i canceld my membership there cuz i was unhappy with the whole setup there so how do i go about getting the domain from them
I can help you. What is the name of the domain name you want?

Steve
11-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Let us know how this works out.

jiggarule69
11-10-2007, 07:14 AM
my domain name is www.chamberlaincontracting.com

pnplawn
11-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Its sad when I see this. The domain you thought you bought you really did not buy. Its owned by Tucows. This happens when you go through some off the wall network. Now they own that domain. In the future go to godday and register your domain.

Domain Name: CHAMBERLAINCONTRACTING.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
Referral URL: http://domainhelp.opensrs.net
Name Server: NS1.MDNSSERVICE.COM
Name Server: NS2.MDNSSERVICE.COM
Name Server: NS3.MDNSSERVICE.COM
Updated Date: 29-jun-2007
Creation Date: 29-jun-2007
Expiration Date: 29-jun-2008

jiggarule69
11-10-2007, 03:15 PM
yeah when it comes to stuff like this i'm not realy all that itelligant every thing else i can cetch up on but still new in this catagory so if you could just email me instruction on how to do this or somthing in that order email is jiggarule69@aol.com

pnplawn
11-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Quote[/b] (jiggarule69 @ Nov. 10 2007,3:15)]yeah when it comes to stuff like this i'm not realy all that itelligant every thing else i can cetch up on but still new in this catagory so if you could just email me instruction on how to do this or somthing in that order email is jiggarule69@aol.com
You will have to get a new domain this time go to godaddy.com

ABurlison
11-10-2007, 09:26 PM
This might be a dumb question but a lot of the templates offer the customers to log into Lawn Mail, what is this and what does it do? I don't have the gopher software as of yet, but I'm assuming this is a part of it. Does it allow the customers to view and pay their bill with paypal or something?

Thanks,

ANDY http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

pnplawn
11-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Quote[/b] (ABurlison @ Nov. 10 2007,9:26)]This might be a dumb question but a lot of the templates offer the customers to log into Lawn Mail, what is this and what does it do? I don't have the gopher software as of yet, but I'm assuming this is a part of it. Does it allow the customers to view and pay their bill with paypal or something?

Thanks,

ANDY http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif
with the software i built i use that for login so the customer can login and print there invoice and pay there invoice with paypal.

Lawn Billing Software (http://www.lawnbilling.com/)

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Some incorrect information has been given in this thread.

Tucows is simply the primary registrar. They do not own the domain. Neither does Homestead (their RSP).

Larry Chamberlain in the registrant. He is the rightful owner of the website until June 29, 2008. He does not need to register a new domain name. All he needs to do is find a new hosting company and (possibly) transfer his URL to a new registrar.

Mr. Chamberlain, if you are unhappy with your registrar, transfer is easy. You need to unlock the domain and also get an AUTH code from your current registrar. Transfer can take up to a week or as little as 24 hours depending on the speed of the old and the new registrars.

If you are not dissatisfied with your registrar but you are unhappy with your hosting company, all you need to do is subscribe with a new hosting company and then point your domain to the IP address they give you. Rodman or myself can give you more technical info should you need it.

I've never been particularly fond of GoDaddy on either their marketing front once they get you in their database or on a few technical methods they use to handle domains. Those are just personal preferences though and I know Rodman has had good luck with them.

Post more info if you need further help:

Keith

pnplawn
11-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Thanks keith I did not see him as the owner in my whois on his domain. I should of checked futher I just trying to get quick postibn. My mistake........ BOY DO I FEEL DUMB NOW.

Steve
11-11-2007, 04:08 AM
Its great we have so many bright minds on this forum to see things from many different angles!

I thank you all for contributing your thoughts!

jiggarule69
11-11-2007, 09:37 AM
thanks a lot guys for both of your help you guys deffinitly know more than me about this stuff but yeah i will be starting up one here shortly i got a nother question whe i get a host or what ever ho wdo i get the templates from on here up on my website