PDA

View Full Version : Should someone brand new create a site??

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I know the web designer here may be a bit biased, lol, that's ok!!

Just wondering about how much it would help or hurt to have a site up when I'm just starting.

I've done sites in the past with not much luck even getting much traffic to them. So if I manage to get the traffic that way could it possibly make me overwhelmed??

I figure either I'm out the expense with no traffic or end up with more jobs than I can handle.

Any ideas??? thoughts?? Advice?? You guys are good with that!! =)

pnplawn
11-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Quote[/b] (Angelik99 @ Nov. 01 2007,3:06)]I know the web designer here may be a bit biased, lol, that's ok!!

Just wondering about how much it would help or hurt to have a site up when I'm just starting.

I've done sites in the past with not much luck even getting much traffic to them. So if I manage to get the traffic that way could it possibly make me overwhelmed??

I figure either I'm out the expense with no traffic or end up with more jobs than I can handle.

Any ideas??? thoughts?? Advice?? You guys are good with that!! =)
Well to answer your question I would and I did. The way to get business is to get your site rank with google. Takes little while. For them to index your site. I have gotten a lot of calls from my website. More then I ever did with a phone book add. I do think phone books are becoming a think of the past. Most people look up things on the internet now. So to the answer to your question! YES I think site will do you more good then harm.

pmblair
11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
May sound a bit biased here, too, since I do websites and graphic work, but I agree with Rodman that absolutely YES, it's a good idea. If you can't afford it starting off, then get yourself a couple of clients the cheap and easy way first (flyers, face-to-face marketing, cold calls, etc), then when you have a small client base and can afford the cost of the website, do it.

Another thing I agree with Rodman on is that you need to get good placement with Google.... but along with that, think about this... Once you have a website, you can put your web address on EVERYTHING you have... any shirts and hats... marketing material like flyers, business cards, etc... and signs on your vehicle (which is also cheap advertising).

I say GOPHER IT!http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Quote[/b] ]Just wondering about how much it would help or hurt to have a site up when I'm just starting.

Ultimately the price to get up and running with a website should be pretty cheap. That's why I have put up all those free web templates, to help out.

I think you can get traffic with the right keywords in your website.

If any of your marketing overwhelmed you with business, I would think that should tell you a couple of things. First off, there is a great need for your services in that area and that you should be scaling up to fill those needs http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Also don't forget to experiment with craigslist.org that's free.

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 08:02 PM
ok so website would be good...only problem now is really I still haven't thought of a name. I've been working along side my dad who really isn't even using a name anymore.

He's got all the customers he needs and is planning on retireing next year.

So got any ideas to get my mind going???

pnplawn
11-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Quote[/b] (Angelik99 @ Nov. 01 2007,8:02)]ok so website would be good...only problem now is really I still haven't thought of a name. I've been working along side my dad who really isn't even using a name anymore.

He's got all the customers he needs and is planning on retireing next year.

So got any ideas to get my mind going???
what city or county do you live in ?

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Pasco county, New Port Richey, it's on the coast too...if that gives you any ideas.

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm also a single mother of two like teresa, couldn't find a job, so my dad said I could start out with him, and I'm finding my own ideas for side projects...like removing grass/weeds from flower beds

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 09:11 PM
if that gives anyone any more ideas for a name...I'm bad at it!! lol!!

pnplawn
11-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Quote[/b] (Angelik99 @ Nov. 01 2007,8:59)]Pasco county, New Port Richey, it's on the coast too...if that gives you any ideas.
PASCOCOUNTYLAWNCARE.COM

I would do two just for sake of it , That one and this one nprlawncare.com NPR = You know!! for short

Steve
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
What about Angelik Lawn Care?

landonkade
11-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Nov. 01 2007,9:25)]Quote[/b] (Angelik99 @ Nov. 01 2007,8:59)]Pasco county, New Port Richey, it's on the coast too...if that gives you any ideas.
PASCOCOUNTYLAWNCARE.COM

I would do two just for sake of it , That one and this one nprlawncare.com *NPR = You know!! for short
angelik99

here is mine that was done by pnp, he is pretty reasonable. just got it up in running a few days ago http://www.dothanlawncare.com

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
alright thanks!! I'll try and find a way soon!! very soon...probably this weekend when I can stay up late, I work better when the kids are sleeping, lol!!

pnplawn
11-01-2007, 10:48 PM
yea I do my best work at night also. Ihave laptop I lay in bed doing it. Its quite realxing. But my Girl Friend gets mad sometimes cause im on it.

Angelik99
11-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Nov. 01 2007,10:48)]yea I do my best work at night also. Ihave laptop I lay in bed doing it. Its quite realxing. But my Girl Friend gets mad sometimes cause im on it.
#### I miss that. I used to have a laptop with wireless net setup...I'd get home from work between 2-3am (tech support for AOHELL) jump in bed and go online til sunrise. That was my cue to get some sleep before my next shift, lol!!

Angelik99
11-02-2007, 09:33 PM
no obscene language, awww come on, it wasn't even the f word...it was just the d word, LOL

Steve
11-02-2007, 09:35 PM
It does that automatically http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

pnplawn
11-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Quote[/b] (Angelik99 @ Nov. 02 2007,9:33)]Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Nov. 01 2007,10:48)]yea I do my best work at night also. Ihave laptop I lay in bed doing it. Its quite realxing. But my Girl Friend gets mad sometimes cause im on it.
#### I miss that. I used to have a laptop with wireless net setup...I'd get home from work between 2-3am (tech support for AOHELL) jump in bed and go online til sunrise. That was my cue to get some sleep before my next shift, lol!!
How is the new site coming?