PDA

View Full Version : thinking of domain names for website

landonkade
10-24-2007, 10:29 PM
i am trying to to think of a domain name, cause i might get a website going soon.

My Question is that my business name is J & M Lawn care. I would like to use J&Mlawncare.com, but its took and so is JMlawncare.com,there is JnMlawncare.com available, but i figured that would be to much related to the jmlawncare.com

So a friend of mine was asking me, so what city do u live in, and i said dothan. He said ok check and see if dothanlawncare.com is available. I said yes it is, so he said u want it local right and i was like yep sure do.

He also said since its local people that would look it up in the search engine as (lawn care in dothan) or (dothan lawn care )looking for services. He mentioned, that is the 3 most common keywords that they would type in for your area,and u would be close to the top, also depending on the relavant keywords that describe your website. So using J & M Lawncare as a business name and dothanlawncare.com as a website wouldnt look weird or confuse people?

He said that he could build me a website at no charge. i just have to figure the domain

so any advise? i might have left out some things he said

Steve
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
My take is go for it! People will search out a city name way before they search out a specific lawn care provider.

This will bring you a lot more business.

landonkade
10-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:33)]My take is go for it! People will search out a city name way before they search out a specific lawn care provider.

This will bring you a lot more business.
so if they type in dothan lawn care or lawn care in dothan there would be a 90% chance my website would show up in the search engine

FourSeasons
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I would do like rodman said and have a few domains that can be redirected to your website.
Use the county and nearby cities in your domain names and redirect them to your main site. I think thats what he said to do. That way your at the top of the list when a search is done for lawn care in your area.

Steve
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

The better you use key words, the better rankings you get in search engines.

You should do a test now and see who comes up now.

Then make your page and see how you effect those results.

landonkade
10-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:38)]Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

yeah i used to have a website on another business that i used to do and the highest i had keyword relavancy was at 94% title was at 100%, and i forgot what the other one was. The business was a worldwide compition, so it was hard to compite

landonkade
10-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,10:42)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:38)]Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

yeah i used to have a website on another business that i used to do and the highest i had keyword relavancy was at 94% title was at 100%, and i forgot what the other one was. The business was a worldwide compition, so it was hard to compite
any one else with suggestions? about opend topic http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,11:04)]Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,10:42)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:38)]Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

any one else with suggestions? about opend topic http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
First off let me Apologize for not responding sooner. I do not know why I did not see this thread. Name you want a domain for your LCO, First off let tell you this much. I am not be a master in " Naming Domains " BUT I know I am way ahead the guy in second place. Your town is dothan Then dothanlawncare.com Is GREAT name for your website. Now godaddy names are cheap enough, I would reverse that name also. Also I would buy the .net .com and .info on both of those names. That keeps the next guy from jumping in there getting your google spot. Trust me when I say this, Its VERY important when you build this website, Under the section "Title" I would just put dothan lawncare also the county you live in and state name. Want to test my theory, Go to google and do a search for lawn care avon park, see what you see, do one for lawn care highlands county , do one for lawn care sebring fl , then reverse those names. You will see all of your searches will come back to the same thing.

Guess I winded you writing so much sorry!

Rodman

P.S I also forgot to tell you, I own Avonparklawncare.com highlandscountylawncare.com sebringlawncare.com They all point to pnplawncare.com If i remember I think I reverse all of those as well. And the way I renew my domains I do couple a month rather there due or not, That way when they get ready to expire, There already renewed I dont have to pay alot out at one time. Where talking less then 20.00 month for 3 names.

Steve
10-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Here are the search results I got for searching Dothan Lawn Care.

landonkade
10-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,12:06)]Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,11:04)]Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,10:42)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:38)]Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

any one else with suggestions? about opend topic http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
First off let me Apologize for not responding sooner. I do not know why I did not see this thread. Name you want a domain for your LCO, First off let tell you this much. I am not be a master in " Naming Domains " BUT I know I am way ahead the guy in second place. Your town is dothan Then dothanlawncare.com Is GREAT name for your website. Now godaddy names are cheap enough, I would reverse that name also. Also I would buy the .net .com and .info on both of those names. That keeps the next guy from jumping in there getting your google spot. Trust me when I say this, Its VERY important when you build this website, Under the section "Title" I would just put dothan lawncare also the county you live in and state name. Want to test my theory, Go to google and do a search for * lawn care avon park, see what you see, do one for lawn care highlands county , do one for lawn care sebring fl , then reverse those names. You will see all of your searches will come back to the same thing.

Guess I winded you writing so much sorry!

Rodman
yeah i want to be found any way u could think of, of someone looking for lawn care in my area i want to be right there, like BOOM IN YOUR FACE,lol. i want them to know and think, well dang i see J & M Lawncare alot.

Steve
10-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Once you get your website made, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for you to get to the top of the results!

landonkade
10-25-2007, 12:28 AM
so u think there is much compition from what u have seen from the search u did gopher. also with the domains with dothanlawncare.com and lawncaredothan.com would that take long to get to the top or depends on keywords?

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 12:29 AM
If he does the " Title " Right I give it 7 to 14 days. he will be at the top. I will submit his domain to 'Google" search engine myself.

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 25 2007,12:28)]so u think there is much compition from what u have seen from the search u did gopher. also with the domains with dothanlawncare.com and lawncaredothan.com would that take long to get to the top or depends on keywords?
Did you read my post one the first page by any chance? I know I may sound bit conceded, but I do know what I am talking about when comes to DOMAIN AND NAMEING DOMAINS

landonkade
10-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,12:29)]If he does the " Title " Right I give it 7 to 14 days. he will be at the top. I will submit his domain to 'Google" search engine myself.
tell me all the info i need to know so the better i would stick to those domains. i hope having a website helps, so far for what u are saying business will pick up

yes i did read your post pnp

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 25 2007,12:34)]Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,12:29)]If he does the " Title " Right I give it 7 to 14 days. he will be at the top. I will submit his domain to 'Google" search engine myself.
tell me all the info i need to know so the better i would stick to those domains. i hope having a website helps, so far for what u are saying business will pick up

OK, Go to go daddy register the domain name that you want. When your checking out it will ask you if you want .net .info another for a reduce price. What heck go ahead get them. It will save you alot trouble down the road. ( trust me on this ) then reverse the name get those.Have you picked out a hosting provider yet? If not I can tell you a good one i use for backup. Second, Once this guy builds your site make sure he put in the Title Section your doathan lawn care city county name and state , all in the Title Section. Once the site is done Ill go pull the source code look over it. Once I am satisfied everything looks ok. Ill submit your site to google and few other secret places I know that will get your site on the search engines quickly.

Rodman

Also if you want this site done quick I can use one the gopher templates get it done by morning. As long as you go to godaddy and register the domains and get hosting provider tonight. BY the way, does not take long to register them. You can call me I can walk you through it over the phone.

landonkade
10-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,12:47)]Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 25 2007,12:34)]Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,12:29)]If he does the " Title " Right I give it 7 to 14 days. he will be at the top. I will submit his domain to 'Google" search engine myself.

OK, Go to go daddy register the domain name that you want. When your checking out it will ask you if you want .net .info another for a reduce price. What heck go ahead get them. It will save you alot trouble down the road. ( trust me on this ) then reverse the name get those.Have you picked out a hosting provider yet? If not I can tell you a good one i use for backup. Second, Once this guy builds your site make sure he put in the Title Section your doathan lawn care city county name and state , all in the Title Section. Once the site is done Ill go pull the source code look over it. Once I am satisfied everything looks ok. Ill submit your site to google and few other secret places I know that will get your site on the search engines quickly.

Rodman

Also if you want this site done quick I can use one the gopher templates get it done by morning. As long as you go to godaddy and register the domains and get hosting provider tonight. BY the way, does not take long to register them. You can call me I can walk you through it over the phone.
how much has your business picked up from not (having a website) to (having a website). The guy that is going to build the site told me about Bravenet hosting, he also mentioned that he was going to build it for free, how much would u charge

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 12:57 AM
I get 2 to 5 calls a week in the growing season. I still get calls from people from other county that I used to live in for lawn care , Reason that is I was first , AT the TOP also in that county some of those pages are still cached with googles servers. I got 3 calles this week. Were talking less them 100.oo year. The hosting is like 3.95 cents month, They ask for 6 months or year in advance.

landonkade
10-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,12:57)]I get 2 to 5 calls a week in the growing season. I still get calls from people from other county that I used to live in for lawn care , Reason that is I was first , AT the TOP also in that county some of those pages are still cached with googles servers. I got 3 calles this week. Were talking less them 100.oo year. The hosting is like 3.95 cents month, They ask for 6 months or year in advance.
The guy that is going to build the site told me about Bravenet hosting, what hosting do u use, he also mentioned that he was going to build it for free, how much would u charge

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 01:09 AM
This is your friends hosting: I would not charge you to set it up, If you pick one of gophers templates.

Review your hosting options
term $/mo total savings
1 Year $8.25 $99.00 Save $45.00!
2 Years $7.46 $179.00 Save $109.00!
5 Years $4.99 $299.00 Save $421.00

This is mine
afmu.com

Plan A is loaded with features. The Highlights are listed below. If you have any questions regarding our hosting plans please feel free to contact us.

*3.95 per month
Free Domain included
250 GB Monthly Data Transfer
5000 MB Disk Storage
Hosts up to 10 Domains
Unlimited POP Email
* 24 x 7 x 365 Tech support,
* 99.9% Uptime
* Huge feature list
* Fantastico script installer
* Tons of free software
Easy to use Control Panel. See Demo

pmblair
10-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Rodman, I asked this in a different thread before but I don't think you saw it...

Is it better to get all your keywords done in the HTML BEFORE you submit to Google?

landonkade
10-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,1:09)]This is your friends hosting: *I would not charge you to set it up, If you pick one of gophers templates.

Review your hosting options
term $/mo total savings
1 Year $8.25 $99.00 Save $45.00!
2 Years $7.46 $179.00 Save $109.00!
5 Years $4.99 $299.00 Save $421.00

This is mine
afmu.com

Plan A *is loaded with features. The Highlights are listed below. If you have any questions regarding our hosting plans please feel free to contact us.

* **3.95 per month
* * *Free Domain included
* * *250 GB Monthly Data Transfer
* * *5000 MB Disk Storage
* * *Hosts up to 10 Domains
* * *Unlimited POP Email
* ** 24 x 7 x 365 Tech support,
* ** 99.9% Uptime
* ** Huge feature list
* ** Fantastico script installer
* ** Tons of free software
* * *Easy to use Control Panel. See Demo
ok, so which is better, the only way i would be able to pay the hosting as of right now is by the month. I would like a very good professional template. alot of them look good, dont know which one to pick,lol

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Click Here (http://www.afmu.com/affiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=298) Go with Plan A , Have you seen my website? Its gopher template. My Webpage (http://www.pnplawncare.com)

BUT fine tuned it alot.

pmblair
10-25-2007, 01:24 AM
I bought my hosting and domain name from GoDaddy and got it all for under $50... all for a year.

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Do they offer MySQL ? Addon Domains ? what all was in the package? I also see they dont offer Multiple Web sites with that plan.

landonkade
10-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,1:24)]Click Here (http://www.afmu.com/affiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=298) Go with Plan A , Have you seen my website? Its gopher template. My Webpage (http://www.pnplawncare.com)

BUT fine tuned it alot.
i will get back with u tomorrow once i get in from doing yards, later in the evening about the templates and all

P.S. i forgot to mention, i do pressure washing also. that could be added to the website also right

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 02:38 AM
yes we can add anything you want.

landonkade
10-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,2:38)]yes we can add anything you want.
ok, i hope it helps me out,lol. There isnt many lawn care businesses here that have websites, so if i get everything right i beleive i will have a good chance

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 02:49 AM
It will just give it some time.

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 02:53 AM
Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Oct. 25 2007,1:18)]Rodman, I asked this in a different thread before but I don't think you saw it...

Is it better to get all your keywords done in the HTML BEFORE you submit to Google?
yes get all your ducks in a row before you submit it .

landonkade
10-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 25 2007,2:47)]Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,2:38)]yes we can add anything you want.
ok, i hope it helps me out,lol. There isnt many lawn care businesses here that have websites, so if i get everything right i beleive i will have a good chance
what do u think about this website, i think its a franchise http://www.trugreen.com

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Trugreen applys feralizer they do not mow.

landonkade
10-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,9:58)]Trugreen applys feralizer they do not mow.
i am going to be here for a little bit, something came up that i forgot about, so i am going to do the mowing tomorrow. but yeah just lead me in the right direction of what i need to get and whats best. or if u want to sometime, or just walk me though it

there is another county i service also called henry county,
so sould i take that to like *henrycountylawncare.com my county is houston so take houstoncountylawncare.com also

just trying to figure out what domains i need to grab first, i know we talked aboiut the other ones to and i knwo about them. just thought i would ask about these to

Steve
10-25-2007, 07:00 PM
If you service these domains, why not grab them. They are cheap and Rodman has been really able to work magic with his website and getting to the top of the search engines.

Matt, are you finding yourself getting more and more excited about all this! I know I am! I can't wait to hear all your stories of business you got from being online!

landonkade
10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 25 2007,7:00)]If you service these domains, why not grab them. They are cheap and Rodman has been really able to work magic with his website and getting to the top of the search engines.

Matt, are you finding yourself getting more and more excited about all this! I know I am! I can't wait to hear all your stories of business you got from being online!
yes i am looking forward to it and see what happens. the information that rodman has been telling me, looks like everything will work great. Just waiting for him to get online, he told me to call him, but i havent yet, also been thinking of things like domains and all. Seeing if he wouldnt mind helping me with the domains, so anything related to lawn care or pressure washing, my website would be in the front(top) page of the search engines

i plan on getting the main website made(vinyl) to put on the truck on both side above the back wheels, if there is any way u could post the pic and somehow sceath dothanlawncare.com
and put it there so i can kinda see what it would look like

I read that post that u put about http://www.wemakedirtlookgood.com looks like its a nice website. and i have read his stories about turf mag.

i want my business to explode, making it huge lol

there is a lawn care company here in town that has commerical businesses left and right, i want to be like that!

i want to reach magazines and all<** i know that would take time
and having 3 or 4 crews working for me

Steve
10-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Quote[/b] ]i want to reach magazines and all

Can you tell me what you mean by this?

landonkade
10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 25 2007,10:01)]Quote[/b] ]i want to reach magazines and all

Can you tell me what you mean by this?
lawn care magazine, about success and more

Steve
10-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh I got you.

landonkade
10-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 26 2007,12:10)]Oh I got you.
going though process with rodman, about website

Ozzy
10-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi guys. (ozzy's wife) I think this is an area where i can add little input seeing as i am implementing an seo strategy at work for our national company. Domain names do not play much a role in search results but i think the names make a lot sense for you since your company name is taken. The key will be your content and meta data. google uses an algorithm that ranks your pages based on the content and keywords in site. Google also trys to be a little smart in trying to identify the area that your are in and the search results could be different when searching in one city than they are another. I suggest you use the city names a long with 'lawn care' in your meta data for better geo targeted traffic and double use of the 'lawn care' keyword. You probably don't need to try to be #1 throughout the www but you want to be in your own city. Linking popularity from other sites also gives you an advantage. See if you can link from the top ranking sites. some will do an exchange, but they have to be relevant links. you could loose points with the search engines if you are found using a link farm. Well, i could go on, but i will just a few recommendations to help get ranked in google's natural search results, although it sounds like rodman is on the ball with this.

For every page on your site (with exception of maybe your contact page)
Your Title should not exceed 80 charaters but should include your keywords

Your keywords must be relevant to the page with an average of 5. You should probably concentrate on two or three because you have to mention these keywords in your content at least 10 times for a keyword density of 8% which should be the minimum. The content has to sound right though or the spider may see it as keyword stuffing.

Your Description should include your keywords and and be about 150 characters.

Your content should be a minimum of 200 words and as mentioned above use your keywords at least 10 times. (this includes the use of them in your meta data keywords, description and title). Content is sometimes the hardest part for people to write copy for the search engine as well as for your audience.

Be sure to also use keywords in your alt tags on your images in your code particularly when they are links. Links should also be descriptive with your keyword as well.

I also happen to love google analytics. it tracks the visitors to your site and where they came from whether it was in the natural search results or a link from another site, the bounce rate, your popular pages, etc.

pnplawn
10-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Dothanlawncare (http://www.dothanlawncare.com)

Steve
10-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Ozzy thank you so much for all that great insight! Have you put together a website yet for your lawn care business? Can we see it?

<HR>

http://www.dothanlawncare.com/

WOW Rodman you did fast work! Very nice job! Have you submitted the site to the search engines yet? When do you think we can expect to see the site appear in search engine results?

Ozzy
10-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Not yet, i am taking a vacation this week to help out my husband by building the website, distributing flyers and basically building a plan for him. I really like the web templates that you all have and thought i might use one, but some of the images are just not realistic for this area. I also want to use the image we used on the flyers. I have attached, let me know what you think.

Ozzy
10-27-2007, 08:55 AM
wow did not think it would post like that. can you reduce the size on here now that it has been posted?

Steve
10-27-2007, 09:15 AM
WOW now that looks fantastic! Did you create that? Have you already used those flyers? What type of response did you get? Those would make great door hangers too!

Ozzy
10-27-2007, 09:43 AM
funny, we were initially thinking door hangers when we started this, but i can not take all the credit for the design. I asked a favor from my printing vendor at work to help out. He always does a nice job on our brochures, post cards and other print material. We wanted to be different from all the others we see in this area. We will be distributing this week probably going door to door, but in another forum i think you guys suggested to do that when folks are getting home so you have some face to face. Mind you, i still have my day job and am just trying to really help out my husband with starting his company.

He wants to go shopping for a lawn mower today. He is currently using his 22" home depot special. Any suggestions.? We are on a budget.

FourSeasons
10-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Quote[/b] ]He wants to go shopping for a lawn mower today. *He is currently using his 22" home depot special. *Any suggestions.? *We are on a budget.
My first mower was a toro from home depot and I thought it worked good. But then I got my first 21" honda mower used off of craigslist. That was like a night and day difference. If you have to bag clippings they work real well. As far as a push mower I think that hondas are the best out there. But thats my opinion. I used to work at a honda dealer though to. I've never heard anyone complain about them.

I actually just bought another one last weekend. Niether of the ones I have are commercial mowers but they are not honda harmonys either. I don't know how the harmony model works. But the one I just got was 850 brand new. I got it for 240 on craigslist and its not that old. Maybe 2 years.
I did see 2 guys doing the Denny's around here with honda harmony's though.

pnplawn
10-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 27 2007,3:40)]Ozzy thank you so much for all that great insight! Have you put together a website yet for your lawn care business? Can we see it?

<HR>

WOW Rodman you did fast work! Very nice job! Have you submitted the site to the search engines yet? When do you think we can expect to see the site appear in search engine results?
Yes its been submitted. I think between 7 to 14 days should appear.

landonkade
10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 27 2007,12:20)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 27 2007,3:40)]Ozzy thank you so much for all that great insight! Have you put together a website yet for your lawn care business? Can we see it?

<HR>

Yes its been submitted. I think between 7 to 14 days should appear.
i am getting vinyl for the truck made of the dothanlawncare.com website, and i will get them tomorrow 10/31/2007, and put them on the truck and take pics and post soon

Steve
11-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Everyone, I'd like to announce, in record time, Rodman has gotten Matt's website to rank #1 for his county name in the search.

Very nice job Rodman!

Can you tell us a little about what you did!?