PDA

View Full Version : Web Traffic

grounded
10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
How much web traffic is everyone seeing on there web site? Were getting about 6 or 8 hits a day but no real leads.
I have to remind myself that if I want new business - I, like my equipment, have to go to the customers house.
If I had to wait for the customer to call me - gas would be up to 5.25 per gallon

Flyer's and referrals beat the web by 2000%
Have to Beat feet
Beat heat
Beat the Lowballer

pnplawn
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I still get calls from people wanting me to do jobs in next county where I used to live. Its strange I ask how they got my number they say " Your Website " Cause they google Lawn Care in my county or city. So I get calls all the time , BUT Ofcourse my site is rank at the top being #1 on the page when they google for lawn care. Maybe thats why I get all the calls. Look for your self " go to google type lawn care avon park or lawn care sebring , lawn care highlands county see what you find. I also bought the domains called avonparklawncare.com sebringlawncare.com and highlandscountylawncare.com Those names are prime names cause those are the names of the citys that are in my county. Plus the county name.

Steve
10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi grounded,

How are you ranking in the search engines for when people look up landscaping in your town?

That could have a big effect on the number of visitors you get as well as the potential sales you make because of it.

Rodman knows a lot about this because he has been able to get his business to rank at the top for lawn care along with his town name.

anadyf
10-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, SE are best source for getting traffic and the traffic is more targeted. and have great conversion ratio.
You will have to rank top SE for getting traffic and for ranking top you will have to concentrate on SEO which is most effective way for top ranking.:)

Quality links and unique contents are most important for SEO.

Steve
10-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Quote[/b] ]You will have to rank top SE for getting traffic and for ranking top you will have to concentrate on SEO which is most effective way for top ranking.:)

Can you explain this more?

anadyf
10-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Well i am glad to help you http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
First of all you have to built your site SE friendly i mean try to build your site which can be easily crawl by SE spiders. most spiders can't understand/crawl Java Scripts or flash content so avoid usign them rather use plain HTML code.
Once your site gets crawled it would be added in Google Index pages, You also have to concentrate on updating/adding your site with unique contents also try to get relevant backlinks for your site using your targetted keywords. This will help you to top your keywords and thus will help you to get traffic.

SEO is ongoing process and requires patience and hardwork.

You can ref few articles regarding SEO at my blog : blog.webhosting.uk.com/uk-website-hosting/seo-articles/
also there are thousands of other sites/blogs too as seochat, seobook etc...

Steve
10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Quote[/b] ]You also have to concentrate on updating/adding your site with unique contents also try to get relevant backlinks for your site using your targetted keywords. This will help you to top your keywords and thus will help you to get traffic.
How important is it that your site is constantly updated with new material?
Also can you give us some examples of what relevant backlinks would be?