PDA

View Full Version : No Growth...no website?

tiedeman
02-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Is it worth it to hang onto a website if you plan on not growing the business any further? If you are maxed out, and pleasantly happy the way the business is right now and don't want or need anymore customers, would you still keep the website?

AMW Graphics
02-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Quote[/b] (tiedeman @ Feb. 22 2007,12:42)]Is it worth it to hang onto a website if you plan on not growing the business any further? *If you are maxed out, and pleasantly happy the way the business is right now and don't want or need anymore customers, would you still keep the website?
I would say yes, here are a few reasons why...

Its a good place to put info for your curent customers like:
Tips, Payment Info, What other services you are offering, Ways to contact, Hours/Days your open, and there are plenty more.

Another one would be to keep the site so no one else get it.
(ie: If McDonalds let the domain "mcdonalds.com" expire...burger king could buy it and forward the people who typed "mcdonalds.com" in there browser to the buger king website!)

With the low cost of websites, there really is no reason not to have one...most people can have a pro. site for about $50 a year after the costs of design.

My $0.05 cents on it...

tiedeman
02-22-2007, 01:38 PM
What about if you send out a monthly newsletter with info in it for customers?

Steve
02-22-2007, 05:09 PM
You could put that monthly newsletter online too.

I think business owners tend to not focus much on marketing when things are good and that leads to troubled times. Things then happen like customers leave and you need more to fill their place.

If you are always marketing and getting the word out, you can get choice customers and raise your rates if you have too many you can't service.

That is my thought at least.