PDA

View Full Version : late fees

Enviro-Lawns
07-03-2003, 11:41 PM
I charge 1.5% per month for late fees, and $20.00 return check fee.

PJ's Landscapes
07-13-2003, 09:49 AM
I have been playing with the late fee option in the Gopher program and maybe this is the wrong place to post it but I was wondering what the enable late fees check box do, in the customer section when you edit a customer and click on the billing tab? I click it and it doesnt add a late fee to that customer's invoice. How does that work?

Gopher Tech
07-14-2003, 08:27 AM
To apply late fees, click on Functions | Calculate Late Fees at the top of the screen. A Late Fee window will appear. You will see a check box that says 'Only include customers with LATE FEE' option enabled.
Here is where that check box you were asking about comes into play. If you want to apply late fees to all of your customers, make sure that all of your customers have the "enable late fees" check box checked for each of your customers. However if you have some customers that you never want to charge a late fee, make sure you don't have that check box "enable late fees" checked.
To apply late fees opnly to the customers you have already chosen check the "Only include customers with LATE FEE." Then choose a flat fee or a percentage late fee or both. Click the NEXT button then reaffirm the custoners the late fee will apply to. then click FINISH.
If you need more help, let us know!