PDA

View Full Version : Go Daddy = TOO MANY OPTIONS

Steve
06-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Holy crap, has anyone set up an account with godaddy lately?

I can not believe how many options are on there. It's like there is a sea of options. Wayyyyyyy too much stuff.

I wish they had a forum to get help so I had to break down and call tech support to figure out how to get the site set up the way I needed it too.

Crazy http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Lesson to be learned, more options = more confusion http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

I feel bad for those who know nothing about web hosting or websites. The average person just can not get through that site without assistance.

Steve
06-07-2006, 10:22 PM
What the heck is their "Website Tonight" option?

Jeeze!

kc2006
06-08-2006, 10:29 AM
I use go daddy. Website tonight is their website builder/design option.

I had a friend put together a simple, neat and to the point website through them. She had a ton of problems designing it and couldn't get any of your web templetes to work with their stuff.

Steve
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Ultimately I was able to get an ftp account and then everything worked fine.

I think godaddy calls it an 'online folder'.

I think that would help you as well.

Steve
06-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Also, if you use their "Website tonight" feature, it seems to force you to have an ad for godaddy along the top of the screen? Even when you pay for a hosting account?
I thought that was a bit crazy.

kc2006
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Mine doesn't have the banner at the top. I bought the hosting/editing plan, it's like $3.95 a month only.

Still have to do a few things and add to it, but for now at least it's there. I'm trying to generate more traffic there like Howard Roark does. I love the fact that he is able to come home and find 10-15 emails from people wanting to sign up for service. That's what I'm looking at getting to.

Steve
06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Quote[/b] ]I love the fact that he is able to come home and find 10-15 emails from people wanting to sign up for service. That's what I'm looking at getting to.

What steps are you taking to achieve this?

kc2006
06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 08 2006,5:15)]What steps are you taking to achieve this?
I'm not sure. I've been thinking about this for awhile and can't come up with much. The internet stuff is all new to me so I don't have an inside view on it all.

I talked with HR about it and his area is highly tech involved, so I think that's an aid for him. I would say my area is average on the technology, I'm noticing alot more of my older customers have internet now and heck some have better digital camera's and phones then me! So I think I can make it work, if I can get the traffic to the site some how.

Steve
06-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Quote[/b] ]I talked with HR about it and his area is highly tech involved, so I think that's an aid for him.
I do agree this can play a big role.

I think a lot of what is needed here is just more name recognition. With a steady hammering away at flyers, door hangers, word of mouth referrals and news paper articles on your businesses interaction with the community.

AMW Graphics
06-14-2006, 06:31 AM
been using godaddy for years, if anyone has any questions i will try to answer them.
I LOVE them, they have always taken care of me, and they offer just about anything you coul dwant.

We have 6 hosting accounts with them (and a bunch of other stuff)
(they have "nice" commercials too...lol)

Steve
06-14-2006, 06:48 AM
Tony,

Have you tried using their online credit card payment options to take orders online from your customers? If so how has the whole process worked for you?

AMW Graphics
06-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 14 2006,7:48)]Tony,

Have you tried using their online credit card payment options to take orders online from your customers? If so how has the whole process worked for you?
no i havent, thats one of the few opptions they offer i havent used.
We curently use:
6 Hosting accounts
Compleate Email (prem. plan)
Have about 12 or so domain names with them
SSL Certificate (havent starting using this yet, will be soon)
We used to use there "shopping cart" but we now use a product that has NO limit to the # of products you can have, and you buy it out right, so there are no monthly fees. It also has a ton more options.

We ever i have had to call tech suport, which hasnt been much they always have been nice, helpful, knowlagable (sp?), and have even help me with another companies software...which they dont usualy do..

I have used about 10 dif. companies over the years and by far godady has been the best for us.

one company we had for 2 years and about 75% of the time we had some sort of trouble...one time they billed me for $839.00 when they were saposed to be billing me $83.90!!
ANd it took about 5 months to get a refund, which IMO is WAY too long!

I have to run, my wife and new baby daughter Brooke are coming home today!
(from hospt.)

Steve
06-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Congratulations Tony!

AMW Graphics
06-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Thank you!

07-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Do you have a local Yellow Book phone directory? We placed our business in the yellow pages with a small ad that has our website. We get tons of hits every day and it has MORE than paid for the ad and the website.