PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart Software?

Steve
06-14-2006, 07:57 AM
AMW Graphics said Quote[/b] ]We used to use there "shopping cart" but we now use a product that has NO limit to the # of products you can have, and you buy it out right, so there are no monthly fees. It also has a ton more options.

What kind of shopping cart software are you using now as opposed to the software that you were using on godaddy?

AMW Graphics
06-24-2006, 08:03 PM
We are currently using Comersus, there prem. version.
runs less then $500. and has tons of "extras".

Godaddys cart limits the amount of products you can have, and dosent really have many "extras".

sorry it took so long to answer, the new baby is keeping me busy.

Steve
06-27-2006, 07:03 AM
How long did it take you to set it up?

Do you think something like that would be useful for an lco's website?

AMW Graphics
06-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Took a while (about 10 days) to set up, there is a learning curve. Its in ASP which is new to me, but after a bunch of reading and trial *and error i figured it out.

As for is this usefull for a lawn co. ?
I would have to say no, unless you have a retail store i dont see the point, there are cheaper and simpler ways of having just a few products. This is more for someone with 1000's of things for sale.

It is some pretty cool software though, when your payment is aproved for a "digital" product it will send a message to the customer with a link to the download (and you can log in and redownload it for as long as i have it set up for) and it dosent send the "real" link, it makes a temp. one...so you cant give it to 50 people and let them download it for free...takes sales, exports to quickbooks, has a "web based" backend so you can manage the store from any computer..and the list goes on.

Steve
06-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Very interesting stuff!

Well if anyone reading this needs a web store set up, Tony is the man to do it!