PDA

View Full Version : Blog tips

Steve
05-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Here is an interesting article I found about blogging. It offers you suggestions on how to run a successful and popular blog.

Richard, if you read this, what have you found to be the toughest thing so far about running the Lawn Blog?

Wired Magazine (http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70161-0.html?tw=wn_index_19) - So what are Davis' traffic-generating tips for aspiring bloggers?

# You should have at least 100 pages of high-quality content already written to keep the site fresh.

# Reference material and hot technology areas really draw traffic.

# Blogs on legal issues and financial reporting have the potential to become huge since they're currently "under blogged."

# You can make more money from keyword advertising if you host your blog from an outside server.

Davis' biggest piece of advice, however, is to make sure you devote the time necessary to make your blog successful. "There are 10 million lonely bloggers [out there], and people probably only read a few thousand," he says. "If you're going to make serious money off this, it's a serious time commitment."

ritchiem
05-10-2006, 08:03 PM
The hardest part about it all is 'Time'. I need more time to sit down and write articles to post. Lots of people read it, but I need time for more content.

Steve
05-10-2006, 08:28 PM
No doubt, that is a huge issue. Such is the case with everything isn't it?

ritchiem
05-10-2006, 08:42 PM
As of late...that is for sure.