PDA

View Full Version : Mailing List Script Help

04-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Well if anyone is willing to help me make a mailing list script for my local lawn care dealer. We are doing a little tradeoff :)I do there website I get some equipment. Any help or refrences appreciated.
PS JavaScript, PHP , Python. No CGI please if any It can be worked around.

Thanks,
Trevor

Steve
04-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Can we see what you have done so far with their site?

I will see if I can get someone to help you. Steve, Richard do either of you have something like this?

04-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Sure this is version 1.0 very glitchy trying to get scripts right on version v1.5 and v2.0. 1.5 is same and 2.0 is red which is other color they wanted. But they said make one of each.
O and here is website. www.stovallofchattanooga.com

Steve
04-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Hey T. Wheeler,

Have you taken many pictures in their building yet?

Do you plan on showing off some of the inside? The inventory?

04-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah Have all those pictures just touching up and brighting now. And adding to v1.5 inventory may come later on. They as in dealer barely know how to turn the computer on much less update site. So yeah pictures are being touched up. The next version of the website will be Bright red and white...... There choice not mine...

Well back to mailing list. What they want is to be able to send out weekly ads, season sales, and coupons to all the people who sign up on the web, but I have limited to none experience in mailing list and stuff. One thing they would like is to email it from there email to everyone else without adding everyone to there address book. If that cannot happen just log on some where and submit ad in HTML or graphical.

Thanks Ahead,
Trevor Wheeler

ritchiem
04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
well...

what you may want to look into is a mambo website...it is all written in php I believe. Then add Gallery 2.0 to it to display inventory. But to customize that will take some time and a lot of toying around with different scripts.

04-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah mambo is still floating around in my head. Have all but mailing list. Mambo would work for inventory now that you say that. But what about mailing list?

MIRACLELAWN
04-04-2006, 10:44 AM
If you have Fantastico on your server, you can use PHPList for the mailing list. If not, you should be able to create a mail list in the email section of your control panel.

Steve
04-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi T. Wheeler,

If you would be interested and wanted to get another perspective on your template design, you could send me the pictures you have taken so far and I could create a template that you could use or maybe get some ideas from.

Let me know.