PDA

View Full Version : Request an estimate form

Steve
03-23-2006, 12:11 AM
How many of you use a request an estimate form on your website? How useful has it been?

maelawncare
03-23-2006, 01:49 AM
i use one, and i say it works out very well. some people dont like to use email. and it frustrates me when im on a site and just wanna ask a question, but i gotta email them. i wind up not doing it. so thats why i have mine. just makes it similer for the customer. i try to make my site as interactive as possible, so its not just a info site.

Billz
03-23-2006, 02:58 AM
I have not seen one in any of the templates. I would like to create a form, but haven't seen one in action. the template I used had a button, but that was all! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Steve
03-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Quote[/b] ]I have not seen one in any of the templates.
We ran into some problems with that because you could code it in many ways yet, it might not run on all web hosts.

Maybe ritchiem has some suggestions on this.

Billz
03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Well, what I was really looking for, is a form that lets them enter their name, city, and email address, and I would send them a free report. The form would email to me their info...but I spent about 4 hours on it and never got it to work!http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Steve
03-23-2006, 07:28 PM
A free report? What kind of report would you send them?

Billz
03-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Well, after the tele-seminars with Chestin, I sat down and created a postcard... 5 steps to a lush green lawn... I would want to get it to someone who might be interested in buying our services...I thought if I could get them to ask, I could send them one through email, and do the same thing. Is there a site that I could download a customer form through, or is that something I should hire someone to create? I am thinking of looking for a web designer and trade mowing for web design for this year...but haven't found one yet.

Steve
03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Have you considered sending an email or pm to ritchiem?

Would he be able to help with this?

MIRACLELAWN
03-23-2006, 10:57 PM
I can probably set this up for you.

MIRACLELAWN
03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Team Gopher, I will see if I can put a form together that users can download and put on their sites.

MIRACLELAWN
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
I have made a form template to use on websites, try it and let me know what you think.

Estimate Form Document (http://quality-hosts.com/forms/estimate_form.doc)

Steve
03-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Let's see if this works.
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
Copy and paste the html below into the web page that where you want your form to be. Change the yourdomainname.com to your domain name. This for should work on about 99% of web sites as it uses the Matt’s Form Mail Clone. If you are having trouble getting it to work for you email me at admin@quality-hosts.com and I will try to help.

<form action="http://www.yourdomainname.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi" method="POST">
<input type=hidden name="recipient" value="estimate@yourdomainname.com">
<input type=hidden name="subject" value="Estimate Request">
<blockquote>
<br>
Your Name:<br><input type="text" name="theName" size=34 maxlength=52> <br><br>
Your Address:<br><input type="text" name="theAddress" size=34 maxlength=52> <br><br>
Your City/State/Zipcode:<br><input type="text" name="theCity" size=34 maxlength=52> <br><br>
Your Telephone Number:<br><input type="text" name="thePhone" size=18 maxlength=52> <br><br>
Best Time To Call:<br><input type="text" name="theBestTime" size=18 maxlength=52> <br><br>
Your Email Address:<br><input type="text" name="emailAddress" size=34 maxlength=52> <br><br>
Tell us what services you need provided:<br><textarea name="theComments" rows=3 cols=33></textarea>
<p align="center"><input type=submit value="Request an Estimate">
</p>
</blockquote>
<p>
</p>
</form>
[/QUOTE]

ritchiem
03-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Matt's scripts all are cgi based. Most windows based hosting account do not run cgi or php scripts. People using this will need to make sure that they are running on a Linux server or a Windows server that supports cgi. And even after saying that they (server side) also need to have installed on their server a FormMail script to process the form.

MIRACLELAWN
03-30-2006, 09:02 AM
FormMail Clone is bundled in all Redhat, Fedore and BSD OS's so any Unix server should have FormMail, I also do not know of any windows hosting companies that do not have cgi capabliity.

Steve
03-30-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't know what most hosts allow and since there was some confusion for me, I figured there would be confusion as well on this issue for LCOs using the templates.

ritchiem
03-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Yep...still window hosting companies out there without the support, hard to believe but true...just like the poor 28.8 modems out there....poor souls.