PDA

View Full Version : Linking to Gopher Customer Sites.

Billz
03-28-2006, 08:53 PM
As I am starting to learn about search engine Optimization, it helps alot for a major site to link to you. Would Gopher ever consider having a page with links to the various company websites who link back to Gopher and use their software? Cross linking is supposed to be very good too.

Steve
03-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi Billz,

Could you post your website here? Let us see what you created!

Billz
03-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Well, this is the site as i have it now.

My Webpage (http://www.grandarealandscape.com)

I placed an ad on craigslist.com to see if there were any web designers who would be interested in trading free lawn care for a year, for a website development. I had quite a few people respond, and am getting a couple examples soon.

Steve
03-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Try clicking on that link. It doesn't seem to be working.

MIRACLELAWN
03-29-2006, 05:11 PM
My Webpage (http://www.grandarealandscape.com)
It should be the above link.

Billz
03-29-2006, 06:03 PM
hehe, sorry about that!

TheGoat
11-13-2010, 09:49 PM
seems to me that by posting your own link here in the forum, that would do the job of getting, uh, linked to; sod installation, though I have read that some search engine bots or forums have an exclusion set up for links generated by users, though my recollection on the specifics is fuzzy so I may be mistaken.

Steve
11-14-2010, 03:27 AM
I wonder when you are using keywords like that, if they have to be written in the way a customer might be looking for your site?

For instance does
Deltona, FL sod installation

differ from

sod installation Deltona, FL

Or do they ultimately perform the same function when you are creating your back links?

TheGoat
11-14-2010, 12:17 PM
that is something I was thinking about just this morning, and I think the answer is, yes it does.

here is why,

I search "deltona, fl lawn service" and my result is my site on the bottom half of the page one.

I search "lawn service deltona, fl and I am on the top half of page one.

Local Edge Lawn Care
11-14-2010, 12:22 PM
This is a very good topic, as far as i have heard that you will want to type it in such a way as peoples behavior will be typing it into google. But if you create a ton of one way links then you will be noticed for the other little key words as well such as my focus is lawn care salt lake city utah eventually when i gain enough links when someone types in just lawn care or something other than my exact keyword i should start to pull up. But google changes their rules all of the time. Like at one time if you traded links you were good then they said well your just trading a link it could be just anyone. now if its just a one way link it weighs more for your sight then anything. And its never in plain english on how to do all of this stuff either. Steve you have a really good forum here I really like the discussions and topics i hope you dont mind us linking to it or from it?

Justin

TheGoat
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
This is a very good topic, as far as i have heard that you will want to type it in such a way as peoples behavior will be typing it into google. But if you create a ton of one way links then you will be noticed for the other little key words as well such as my focus is lawn care salt lake city utah eventually when i gain enough links when someone types in just lawn care or something other than my exact keyword i should start to pull up. But google changes their rules all of the time. Like at one time if you traded links you were good then they said well your just trading a link it could be just anyone. now if its just a one way link it weighs more for your sight then anything. And its never in plain english on how to do all of this stuff either. Steve you have a really good forum here I really like the discussions and topics i hope you dont mind us linking to it or from it?

Justin
lawn care service salt lake city utah

Google(and all search engines really) strive to return results that are relevant to what the searcher is actually looking for.

if you're looking for a movie theater, you don't want a search return for playhouses or movie rental stores.

google looks at links to determine the relevance of the site to a particular search term.

For example, I have a Ducati and I'm very active on a local ducati forum. I put my website in my sig over there and as a result, gained 1000+ links.

I have an account here with my website linked in my sig and though I have far fewer posts here, the links i have here carry a greater weight with concern to page rank returns because this site deals with the subject matter that my keywords are targeted for.

so a real world basic example would be like this.

who would you trust for advice on where to buy a mower?

a motorcycle site? or a lawn mower site.

Now you can link your site all day long in places relevant to your business, but it is far better to be independently linked to by someone else.

you might achieve this by having a blog on your site with lawn care tips. Or you might try and get an article published in a trade journal with an online presence into which you can include a link in the article.

Basically, know your ****, and then share it. Make it linkable, and your rank will go up on search returns.

Forum linking is fairly easy, but because it is easy it is only good until the other guy catches up, so think seriously about how you can get links from other sources.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-15-2010, 06:34 PM
I see this is getting everyone's thinking cap on. Links from a relevant do hold more weight than an equal non relevant site.

Here is where things change the rules.

1. There are no SET rules.
2. Higher page rank sites linking to your site will help a lot. Even if they are not relevant sites. Google will consider them an authority, thus that link will have some weight to it.

link exchanges do help but not as much as they used to.

Greenside Lawncare, LLC
12-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Its all about relevance. Google will frown upon that if you do it on purpose. Lawncare St. Charles is my main key word that I target. Check out my website greensidelawncare.com

The Cleaning Doctor
12-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't know how aware you are of this but Yahoo actually uses Google for search results. Of course they put their own tweak on the results but they pay Google millions per year for this service.

Growing Green
12-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Its all about relevance. Google will frown upon that if you do it on purpose. Lawncare St. Charles is my main key word that I target. Check out my website greensidelawncare.com

Hi,
Your site looks really good. You might want to copy what you have written in your FAQ's into word and then do a spell check. I noticed several misspellings.
Take care,
Matt

frankie_j
02-17-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure that anyone looks at these threads much anymore, but I really wanted to share some of my success in SEO and my lawn care business. I just had a website built and I am very pleased with it, and its results on google. here's my website

I'm really pleased it connects me to my visitors really effectively. If any of you are interested I turned to the service from Denver SEO I'm really seeing good results.

Hope that this can either help you build a site or find some consultants to help you build one.

CHEESE2009
02-18-2012, 08:07 PM
When you are younger, and you and the boys build a tree fort... there is a purpose for that sign out front that says, "No girls allowed".

I consider this place my top secret hideout. The day clients get involved, is the day I would have to leave :(

Do we really need our clients knowing about our fortress, and what goes on inside? I don't believe so. I think it would only work against us. Especially if you are the few forum members who complain as much as I do, and god damn do I love to complain. lol.

http://www.mysafetysign.com/img/lg/K/Employees-Only-Sign-K-4676.gif