PDA

View Full Version : Head Start Project

Steve
01-27-2005, 09:28 AM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/head-start-sig-banner.gif

One of our fellow forum members ritchiem (Richard Murphy rmurphy@designinq.com (richmurphy@rogers.com)) Owner of Design In Q has been very kind to lend a helping hand to a new LCO (Lawn Care Operator).

He has offered to create a web site for Shamrock Lawn Care.

You can read more about Shamrock Lawn Care here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1164).

Here is what Richard will do.
- Please choose a web template from our web template list here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=898).
- You can have 4-10 pages made (more for a fee)
- Insert 1-15 pictures (more for a fee)
- Resize pictures as needed
- Basic Javascript editing
- insert meta tags for search engines

Other extras for a fee
- Custom design work
- Custom graphics (excluding logo)

Let us know as soon as you register your web domain name and get yourself a web hosting account so we can get this going.

ShamRockLawnCare
01-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey, thanx a lot ritchiem, I like template 3, I got the domain www.ShamrockLawns.com. I registered and got hosting through godaddy cause the hosting was cheaper. Let me know what else you need guys, thanx

Steve
02-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi ShamRockLawnCare,

Think about the different text you will want on your site. You might find it is best to actually type out here in a post what you want the text to say.

For instance what do you want your welcome page, services page, about us page to say?
Review this page (http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/webtemplate6/index.html) , it may inspire you.

Hopefully ritchiem will have some more thoughts for you.

hydrogreen
02-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Shamrock isn't GODADDY the website that does not work with Lawnmail? I think sombody was having a lot of trouble with them because they didn't support PHP or something like tha

ShamRockLawnCare
02-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I hope not, its ok if it is, I will change hosting plans, I am paying monthly, does anyone know a host that works with lawn mail?

ritchiem
02-01-2005, 07:54 PM
are you planing on using the lawnmail feature?

ritchiem
02-01-2005, 08:34 PM
alright now that we got a logo, I need some copies to do some work. How is the editorial coming?

Steve
02-02-2005, 08:08 AM
I don't think you will have any problem with godaddy and Lawnmail.

ShamRockLawnCare
02-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Good, I plan on using the lawn mail. I think that is an awesome feature for clients, The editorial is coming along, I should have everything I want posted tommorow ritchiem, Sorry for the lagging, I have been pretty busy lately, and my internet has been down. It will be up tommorow for sure though, thanx alot bud. I really appreciate it.

Steve
02-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi ShamRockLawnCare and ritchiem,

You might want to print out here what the editorial looks like. What items are included in it so that others reading this can see how they could do the same thing to create their site.

ritchiem
02-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey there Shamrock,

How is your editorial comming along? I am ready to start on this end. If you need any help on writing it please let me know.

ShamRockLawnCare
02-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah bud, I kind of do. I know what I want to say, but I can't put it on paper...do you have an example? I know what I want on the website and stuff, I have been writing it in my laptop, there is so much info though...I have a buddy who owns a company called greenflash technologies, which manufactures a product that puts nutrients in the soil and makes the grass incredibly green with half as much water, which I think would be perfect here in colorado because of the drought...I just have to get everything I want to say on the computer smoothly

Steve
02-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi ShamRockLawnCare,

Visit this example (http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/webtemplate7/index.html) and see if the text in those pages helps you create your own. Remember to try and keep it simple. It's more important to get something simple up now and later you can always edit it as you grow.

ritchiem
02-04-2005, 11:15 AM
The best way to start out is to write down whatever comes to your head. And then work on it. Here is a couple of questions I need answered.

1. What do you want to give to your clients?

2. What is important to you and your company?

Answer these for me in your next post.

ritchiem
02-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Here are some ideas you may use...

Shamrock Lawn Care is a full maintenacne company. Our services range from lawn care and gardening to snow removal.

Shamrock Lawn Care services extend beyond our work.

Customer service is very important to us, we provide free estimates and deliver on our promises.

We at Shamrock Lawn Care believe that our quality of workmanship and our competitive pricing will put us out in front.

We are competitive, punctual, quality driven, and a pleasure to do business with.

Start with the basics. Once we have that then you can add in from there.

ShamRockLawnCare
02-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Ok here goes nothing, Sorry it has been taking so long richard, I really apologize, i have been very busy with work and school and trying to get everything planned for the mowing season. Ok here goes...

Shamrock Lawn Care is a full service Lawn Maintenance Company. Our Services range from Basic Lawn Maintenance to Weed Management, to Snow Removal.

We here at Shamrock Lawn Care are not only committed to complete customer satisfaction, And making our customers the envy of the neighborhood, but also to keeping colorado beautiful.

We at Shamrock Lawn Care believe that our quality of workmanship and our competitive pricing will put us out in front.

We are punctual, strive for quality, competitive and a pleasure to do business with.

...How does that sound guys? Let me know if I should make any changes?

Thanx alot richard and steve

Steve
02-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi ShamRockLawnCare,

This sounds good. I can't wait to see what ritchiem will be able to create from this.

ritchiem
02-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Good stuff Zacc,

I can incorporate those into your website. Key sentances really grab the potential customers attention. A couple of more questions,

1. What area(s) will you be servicing? (or general area)
2. What services will you be providing? (point form, and list all of them)
3. What is your full contact info for customers to get a hold of you (phone number, email, addy etc...)
4. What pages will you want to have on your site (Home, About Us, Contact Us, Portfolio, Services)
5. Would you like a page that runs your current flyer or promotion?

If someone can email me the logo you will be using, in psd or png format that would be great!

Talk to you soon,

ShamRockLawnCare
02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
The areas that I will be servicing will be the Greater Denver Metro Area, which includes Littleton, Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, and Lone Tree for the time being

Services being provided will be,

-Standard Maintenance Package, starting at $20 per week, or 25$ Bi Weekly
**Mowing
**Trimming
**And Blowing of all visable Clippings

-Plus Maintenance Package, Starting at 25$ per week, 30$ for bi weekly
**Mowing
**Trimming
**Line Trimming of sidewalk and drive areas
**Maintenance of flowerbeds

-Add Dog waste cleanup at 5$ Per dog per week to any package. Dog Waste Cleanup is 7$ Per week, per dog without a maintenance contract.

-Aeration

-Weed Control (Which may include either hand weeding, and / or chemical weed killers)

-

ShamRockLawnCare
02-09-2005, 02:09 PM
-Snow Removal

-Drought Management of the Turf

Contact info is

Zaccari Wair
303-847-8729

ZaccariWair@shamrocklawns.com

I want these pages

Home
Contact Us
Portfolio
Services
Drought Management

4601 South Balsam Way #1434
Littleton Colorado, 80123

Steve
02-10-2005, 12:03 PM
This is looking good!

ritchiem
02-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Very good, this gives me a good start for the project.

I still need a logo if anyone can email it to me.

And Zacc, I need your FTP info so I can upload the site.

PM me or email me the info

Steve
02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Here is a header image you can use.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-6-69580-shamrock_header.jpg

Steve
02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Here is the logo image.

ritchiem
02-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Shamrock Lawn Care testing site is now up and running.

Shamrock Lawn Care (http://designinq.com/clients/shamrock/index.html)

Zacc, let me know if you want anything taken out or added. Do you have the info on the Drought Management? BTW, Drought Management did not fit on a button, I labled it Drought Control if that is ok. Do you have any pictures we can put up on the site? I did not advertise in the services page "pick up dog waste". I think that is something you should include in the contract. But I can put it in there if you like.

Steve
02-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi ritchiem,

Very nice.

ritchiem
02-13-2005, 12:05 AM
It is getting there.

Zacc did you want a dedicated snow removal page? or just a header on the services page?

Also, will you be posting this site or am I? If so I will need your FTP info.

ShamRockLawnCare
02-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi guys, sorry for not posting...it has been really really busy here latley.Yeah I think a snow removal page would be good. That looks great...I have no idea how to post it...how do I find the FTP Info? Ritchiem if you could email me that would be great. Thanx alot for all of your hard work ritchiem

westco
02-16-2005, 01:52 PM
:blush:

ShamRockLawnCare
02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey ritchiem did steve email you my info for the godaddy stuff? I couldnt find your email, if you wanna email me, then I can reply and email you my stuff.

Steve
02-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi ShamRockLawnCare,

I emailed Richard, you can too if you'd like
rmurphy@designinq.com

ritchiem
02-27-2005, 07:31 PM
I received your email TG, but I need Zacc's FTP login name, it will be different than his Customer Number.

Shamrock Lawn Care's Website has been updated on the testing site. New items are, easy nav map on the bottom of the page along with contact info. Header has changed to allow all screen resolutions.

Shamrock Lawn Care (http://designinq.com/clients/shamrock/index.html)

Zacc, do you have any info for the "Drought Management" page yet?

ritchiem
03-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Hello everybody, I am just putting out a general request. Zacc, from Shamrock Lawn Care is just starting out in his business, myself and TG are putting together a website for his company. Is anyone willing to donate some pictures of gardens and lawn for his website??? If so please post them here. These pictures will only be used until Zacc can get some of his own. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Steve
03-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi ritchiem,

If no one gets back to you, could you use the images in the templates?