PDA

View Full Version : template # 2 causing problem

turfsurfer
02-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey Gopher, *I sent you a PM but have not heard back so will try here. *The problem I'm having is with the template #2 homepage title. *For the free download you have me as an example on the template which is alright, but the problem is you have my company name as the title in the code of the page headings. *If the user does not edit the information then their company will keep coming up when searching for my company. *
*I discovered this because an LCO in Texas is currently ranked AHEAD of me in searches for my own name. *It is actually easier for him to get to his site under my name than his own because of the page titles. *He has changed it but I'm thinking unless you change it on your end also it will be a reoccurring problem. *Could you change the title on #2 to the generic "My Lawn Company" like on #5 when I downloaded it?
*Also, like your new templates. *Noticed you used one of my pics for #8. *Looks good. *Keep up the good work.By the way here's my site (http://www.easyacreslawncare.com)

Steve
02-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi Turfsurfer,

I got your pm and responded. I will take care of that. I checked out your site and it looks good! Nice Work.

turfsurfer
02-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks, now if only I can get the search engine ranking game figured out.

Steve
02-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi turfsurfer,

You might want to send a pm to ritchiem. He is one of our forum members that has been doing a lot of web development on the site and might have some more information for you on that topic. Keep us posted with what you find.

Steve
02-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi Turfsurfer,

Thank you so much too for letting us use your pics!

ritchiem
02-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Have you submitted your site to all of the major search engines? If not here is a link that will help you out.

Top Search Engine Submitt (http://www.search.com/guides/submit/register.html)

As for rankings, you need to make sure that your pages are titled properle and include meta tags as well. Website rankings are more content based then anything, so make sure that your page titles are proper and your content has key sentances that would come up in a search.