PDA

View Full Version : Using the web templates

turfsurfer
12-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Gopher, I really appreciate you providing the web templates to help LCO's launch websites. *I admit to being completely clueless on this aspect. *Once I have your template edited with my info, how do I go about transferring that to a web host? *Do you have any that you recommend? *I have looked at register.com for registering my domain name but it looks like unless I have them also do the hosting, then I have to sign up for a seperate web forwarding feature which may have pop up adds and is just not convenient. *Also did not see provisions for building a web site with anything other than their tools and templates. *I would rather use your template. *The domain name thing throws me. *Once I register it at a site, how do I use it with a different web host? *I know, alot of questions, but would really like to get the site up before advertising for next year begins.
I'm not opposed to a one stop place for registering domain name and hosting as long as I can get my template transferred there and the price is reasonable.

Steve
12-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi turfsurfer,

You will need to register your web name which it sounds like you have. Then you need a web hosting service to store your web files. They can be two different companies.
To upload your files you will need a ftp client program. Try going to www.downloads.com and search for ftp client. There are some that may be free.

If you are interested, contact Chuck Sinclair at sinclac@PACBELL.NET or here admin@besthostingspot.net he provides hosting. See what kind of pricing he can offer you. Tell him you heard of his site through us and let us know if it works out for you.

Sinclac
12-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi turfsurfer,

Chuck Sinclair here i can take care of all your needs and help you thru the entire process of getting every thing setup and working.
My hosting site is besthostingspot.net (owned and operated by Willow Brooke Landscape)

Send me an e-mail at admin@besthostingspot.net with any questions you may have.

Steve
12-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi turfsurfer,

Please share with us your experiences of getting your website up and running so it can help others in the future.